Keilbasa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Davejr7979

Original poster
Dec 3, 2023
Some keilbasa I stuffed today ready for the smoker tomorrow. Only my second time stuffing and I think they came out pretty good. Any tips or input would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216_195006_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_195006_Gallery.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 41
Looks good
Needs to dry a bit so a bit of uncovered rest in the fridge for a couple hours. Then cover and let rest until tomorrow.
What's your smoker?
Thank you and yes I'm letting it dry uncovered in fridge overnight. I use a Pit Boss 5 vertical smoker. I make snack sticks all the time but they are so much easier than stuffing hog casings. They take a little more time and patience. Will post end result in this thread when they are done

Finished Product. Came out pretty good I think
Looks good to me. I often make large rings for us and personally like them but if I’m making for other people and gifting I have to link them. I don’t think that is necessary and like your finished product. Nice work.

Looks good to me. I often make large rings for us and personally like them but if I’m making for other people and gifting I have to link them. I don’t think that is necessary and like your finished product. Nice work.
Thank you...do you link them like you are making sausage links or do you use a different method

Thank you...do you link them like you are making sausage links or do you use a different method
Really depends on what I’m doing and the load volume. That said, I do like to link in the 2 or 3 braid method. The 2 braid is fast and efficient. I can handle about 36” comfortably in my smokehouse, so I make 6’ ropes and braid them in half, which makes roughly 36” total length. These do not un-twist and is fast and easy. Here is a link to a thread where I demonstrate the 2 braid.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/polish-style.324544/

Reactions: Davejr7979
Really depends on what I’m doing and the load volume. That said, I do like to link in the 2 or 3 braid method. The 2 braid is fast and efficient. I can handle about 36” comfortably in my smokehouse, so I make 6’ ropes and braid them in half, which makes roughly 36” total length. These do not un-twist and is fast and easy. Here is a link to a thread where I demonstrate the 2 braid.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/polish-style.324544/
Thanks alot... seems more efficient than making one ring at a time.. I'll give it a try

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Thanks alot... seems more efficient than making one ring at a time.. I'll give it a try
Many ways to finish sausages. I make rings a lot, and prefer them with some sausages. Still other sausages need different presentation and we have to accommodate that. Linking is not difficult, conventional twisting works just fine if hanging over sticks or rods, but if hung long they unravel. Most of my sausage is hung vertically and needs to stay together so I use my method, which I think is more English in origin, but still works well for me. 32-45mm get the 2 braid but the smaller hotdog style 22mm get the 3 braid. This works for me the best.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky