Introduction - Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ldleehou

Original poster
Aug 6, 2023
Hi everyone. When I have tried smoking, I have had little or no success. Hoping this group can help turn things around.

Edit and context:

We lived on the road in a 5th wheel roaming the US and Canada for the past 8 years. When we lived in a house, my prior attempts at smoking meats did not go well. Settled down a few months ago in Kerrville, Texas. Bought a used Camp Chef pellet grill as a starter smoker. Have had good luck with smoking steaks for reverse searing. Everything else I have tried has been abysmally sad.

Last edited:
Welcome to SMF from SE GA and everyone here is willing to help you on your smoking journey!

Keith

Welcome from pa, lots of helpful people here who will get you on the right track so ask away I guarantee you'll get some answers.

Welcome from Nova Scotia

We are all here for the same reasons , well most of us, lol

Ask anything and someone will get back to you with the help and advise they have or to point you in the right direction.

David

Reactions: ldleehou
Welcome from Ohio. Folks here will have you turning out top notch bbq in no time. There is no greater resource anywhere.

Welcome to SMF!! Everyone has their "off" days cooking or smoking. My last brisket was a failure, now destined for the chili pot in the next month. Lots of great smokers/cooks/chefs on here that always lend great advice.

Welcome from Kentucky! You landed in the best spot there is to have you turning top notch BBQ in no time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky