I think I wrecked my taste buds.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Coreymacc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 7, 2020
Alberta,ca
I have had an absolutely great summer and fall for smoking meat. The weather has been really good. I did at least 6 briskets, a few batches of short ribs, pulled pork, St louis ribs, pretty beef heavy. I realized I didn't do ANY steaks, ribeyes are the favorite in the house. Realizing this, I threw a couple on last night for the wife and I, everything went well, made the sides, sat down to dig in, first slice, 🤔, not really that good. Second, same thing, no real beef flavor. Almost bland, and I like ribeyes for the really beefy flavor. By the time I got through, it was getting better but I think a wrecked my taste buds eating brisket and its amazing beef flavor. Steaks don't taste as good anymore, wife felt that way also😫😄😄😄

Anybody else notice this before?

Corey

I have had an absolutely great summer and fall for smoking meat. The weather has been really good. I did at least 6 briskets, a few batches of short ribs, pulled pork, St louis ribs, pretty beef heavy. I realized I didn't do ANY steaks, ribeyes are the favorite in the house. Realizing this, I threw a couple on last night for the wife and I, everything went well, made the sides, sat down to dig in, first slice, 🤔, not really that good. Second, same thing, no real beef flavor. Almost bland, and I like ribeyes for the really beefy flavor. By the time I got through, it was getting better but I think a wrecked my taste buds eating brisket and its amazing beef flavor. Steaks don't taste as good anymore, wife felt that way also😫😄😄😄

Anybody else notice this before?

Corey
You spoiled yourself!! I'd try again with some other source of ribeye...

Where did you get your ribeyes? I've found that steaks from the grocery just doesnt carry the flavor of a steak from a dedicated butcher.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky