Hungarian Hunters bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
happy Holidays!

Yes, its the photo of the Bende bacon above , I am going to try and produce something similar. I just really love smoking and trying to cure items. Totally fun!

The "old" world , this may help. Years ago I lived in hungary for 2 years as a missionary. During that time i had the opportunity to participate in 2 separate diszno vagas or pig butchering from locals in the little town/village. They would take their spices/salt/paprika and mix well together, then take all of their cuts of meat, hams, loins etc. put it into a cast iron tub and heavily put the spice/cure mix all over and coat and cover each piece and then make sure all pieces were placed in the tub and the rest of the spice/cure was put on top and the only visible item was the cure/spice mix. it was left in that state 2-3 weeks.

Unfortunately, i wasn't sure what they did next? Smoke the items? I think they did.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky