Howdy from Central Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cflbob

Fire Starter
Original poster
Hi,

Thought I'd take the advice and post a "hello world" message.

I'm a retired guy and have had a smoker since I was about 20.  I started with a "Little Chief" and mostly smoked fish I caught.  After that, I used a Brinkmann electric, where I branched out into turkey and other foods, then got a Char-Griller wood-fired smoker with the side fire box.  That worked well but I swear it took a small forest of firewood to smoke a good sized pork butt.  The other down side of the Char Griller is that I did more smoking in the cooler months here and it was very hard to get it to hold temperature when it was breezy and in the 60s, really common here in winter.  A few years ago, I tried a MES (30" analog) and thought it really worked well.  This year, I treated myself to an upgrade to a 30" digital MES when they were on sale before Christmas. 

So right now I have the Char Griller, and both Masterbuilt electric smokers.  The Char Griller needs some maintenance but they all basically work. 

Since I just retired a few weeks ago, I plan on doing more smoking.  I really enjoy the two mainstays: pulled pork and beef brisket, but there's no reason to stop there., right?

By the way, the ID CFLBob comes from Central Florida Bob.  I'm on the east coast of Florida, just south of the Kennedy Space Center. 

Bob

Welcome to the site Bob.  Sounds like you've got quite a bit of experience.  I look forward to your contributions to the discussion.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky