Hi, from Hollywood California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scottjon

Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Hollywood, California
Hi

my name is Scott, I live in Southern California (Hollywood) and i am on my second smoker, a Traeger Texas grill

I started with a Bradley a couple of years ago and really enjoy smoking meats, mostly ribs and Turkey.

I felt like I quickly grew out of the Bradley, and didnt have the confidence level to pony up to the $2,000 plus dollar smokers. The stores that sold smoker only type grills in Los Angeles seemed to have gone out of the business during the down turn in the economy and nearly all of my information is coming from the internet.

I got the Traeger recently and made a Brisket, that was the one thing i could NOT get right in the Bradley, so i have been very excited with my new smoker. I am making bacon for the first time this week, also planning on 4 racks of ribs.

i have found some great recipes and tips on line, but always looking for more information from others like me just doing it in our back yards.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF! Glad you joined us! Would you pretty please...update your profile with your location?  You might find some neighbors here!

Have you signed up for Jeff's E-course yet? Here is a link to get you started if you didn't!

http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

If you need any help roaming around the forum....just holler...I will be glad to help!

Kat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky