Hello from SoCal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougCA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 14, 2018
Hi,

I'm Doug and I just joined the forum. I decided I wanted to get a smoker after spending a week in Dallas enjoying real, coal smoked meats - something that's hard to come by in SoCal. I settled on getting a pellet style as I have the time to smoke, but don't want to babysit the process all day as required with something like a Green Egg.

I picked up a Traeger Elite 34 at Costco today (Roadshow), but it's still in the box as I am unsure if I want to keep it. I know Traeger's run more expensive than other brands and am willing to pay more for ease of use and reliability, but when I wanted to the back of Costco, they had a Louisiana Grill (LG900CI) for the same price. It seemed to be the same size as the Pro 34, but also had a warm/cold smoker box attached to the side, slider to expose the flame, temp gauge on the outside of the cooking chamber, and a few other things like cover and temp probe. The LG900 also will go up to 600 degrees vs 4xx with the Traeger, unsure if that's important.

I spent some time on my phone in Costco trying to research the LG900 but decided that's easier done at home and here I am!

Last edited:
texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good evening and welcome to the forum from a cloudy, windy and warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky