Hello from NorCal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baggadonuts

Original poster
Apr 6, 2018
Humboldt County CA
Hello from Northern California. (about 6 hours north of San Francisco, where the redwoods grow)

I have only just recently gotten into smoking meats myself. It started just over a year ago with a little electric smoker, that I still love but has been relegated to just doing fish now.

Last November I picked up a Champ Chef DLX Smoke Pro from Sportsman's Warehouse and I really love it. The little electric smoker just didn't have the space to do the bigger cuts I was wanted to cook. I can get two briskets on the DLX at a time and that's usually enough for my needs.

Last weekend I jumped at the chance to grab a Weber Smokey Mountain and have only had time to clean it up and do some burgers on it last night. It's a big waste of charcoal to only do burgers on the 22 inch WSM but I wanted to run a whole bag of charcoal through it just to make sure it was ready to go for something longer. I waited until near the end of that batch of fuel before doing the burgers.

That's where im at now. Always looking for more tips, suggestions and misc meat smoking tomfoolery.

butts.jpg
BIG brisket.jpg
butcher paper brisket.jpg
salmon.jpg

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on the new WSM. Mine is part of the family at this stage, but your right a 22 is allittle overkill for a couple of burgers.

Chris

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I am excited to finally join a proper community to get others input and recipe's from. As im sure all of us have experienced over time, I just count the days until I can find an excuse to smoke something else. Really looking forward to breaking in the WSM this weekend. I ended up doing some spare ribs this past Sunday, but was a little haggered after a weekend of bday parties and did them on the pellet grill. They turned out great and I shocked the misses at how good spares can be compared to babyback's.

ribs.jpg

More to come, that's for sure! Thanks again for the welcome everybody.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky