Give her a Haggis!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

junoblow

Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Wilmington, Delaware USA
Good afternoon,

Has anyone prepared Haggis or Hogs Maw with a smoker?

If so, give us the “highlight reelâ€, recipes, etc. (pictures would be awesome!)

Take care,

Jeff

No haggis or maw.....will head cheese do? Then again, it isn't smoked.
Never mind.
icon_mrgreen.gif

I am going to have a go at smoking a haggis on 2nd January. This is going to be my first ever smoke and I am doing 2 hams, a turkey and a haggis.

Only problem I can see with doing the haggis is putting the thermometer into it, might try to squeeze it in where it's tied off, otherwise skin will split and contents will be everywhere. Will also have to try and keep the skin moist, probably use apple juice.

Will let you know how it turns out.

Amos Moses

Please let me know how the haggis turns out. I spent 6 months working with BAE prior my retirement. I was introduce to haggis and my wife and I love it.

Please take pictures for us if you get the chance Amos. I'd also like to hear how it turns out for you.
smile.gif
smile.gif

I'm looking forward to Qviews on the hagis, I goto the scotish games every year been going since i was a kid,the hagis is one of the highlights for me. it never even crossed my mind to try one in the smoker, now ya got me thinking and it hurts lololol
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Good afternoon:

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m glad to see we have some “Scotts†on board! I have a great Scottish pub around the corner that has a full blown Burns Supper and Feast of St. Andrew each year and its great fun.

Amos, I look forward to your report on the meal.

Now, will you have any single malt to go with this?

Take care,

Jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky