forgot the smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paul nj shore

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 22, 2016
At 71 I seem to have a " built in forgetter " So to make it official, this is the bacon
I use And it`s known at my house as " OMACK " Bacon
IMG_0636.JPG

Thanks for the comment if. I could put it all in one Post, it would be so much easier

Paul

For smokeless smoked bacon I'd say that looks mighty tasty! You're a young lad at 72. :)

I'm confused Paul.
It looks smoked. But it's not?
Actually, it looks beautiful!

Maybe I'm older than they told me I am... :confused:

I think I`m in the 1st stage of " Old Timers " and I`ve always had a built in forgetter and I forgot to put the smoked
bacon in the post with the wifes` Happy Meal so I just showed a pix of my smoked bacon. I cheat on the bacon it`s
cured thick sliced, from Costco I used to cure it but I ran out and decided to give it a try I really like it and it`s already sliced.
I follow Daveomak the rest of the way and use 1/2 apple 1/2 hickory sawdust. sorry for the confusion :)

Paul

Reactions: SonnyE
OK, that 'splains, Lucy.
I think you are not cheating, you are customizing. ;)
Yeah, that's it. You are customizing the bacon. :D
Taking a product, then making it wonderful!

Is that not what we all do anyway? We take a chunk of something, and we make it our way.

Oh shoot. I forgot to hit post.... :(:p

Thanks Guys, I was also thinking about using my phone like they do with the cooks time and temp. All I have to do is record myself of what I need from the garage and play it back when in there. I just have to remember to bring my phone :D
Glad you like my bacon I think it takes more smoke because it`s sliced

Paul

Thanks Guys, I was also thinking about using my phone like they do with the cooks time and temp. All I have to do is record myself of what I need from the garage and play it back when in there. I just have to remember to bring my phone :D
Glad you like my bacon I think it takes more smoke because it`s sliced

Paul

When you smoke it, is it tied like you show, or spread out?
It looks Dee-o-lish-ous!

I tie it in two places when taking it out of the package then in the fridge to dry then smoke then dry and smoke again.
Then I add two more ties this helps when putting in vac bags plus I cut them in half. I cook the bacon a new way in
the oven ( for me ) I line a 1/2 sheet pan with foil lay out the bacon side by each put int a cold oven then set oven to
400 deg f I cook until done ( never turning ) I put a little splenda on mine while hot . Then I make a little trough with the foil pour and save the liquid gold. I usually do two pans at a time I put the bacon in paper towels roll them up and put
in a zip lock bag. Just nuke it when you want !!!

Paul

Reactions: SonnyE
I tie it in two places when taking it out of the package then in the fridge to dry then smoke then dry and smoke again.
Then I add two more ties this helps when putting in vac bags plus I cut them in half. I cook the bacon a new way in
the oven ( for me ) I line a 1/2 sheet pan with foil lay out the bacon side by each put int a cold oven then set oven to
400 deg f I cook until done ( never turning ) I put a little splenda on mine while hot . Then I make a little trough with the foil pour and save the liquid gold. I usually do two pans at a time I put the bacon in paper towels roll them up and put
in a zip lock bag. Just nuke it when you want !!!

Paul

Sounds good, and fairly easy, too.
Thanks Paul!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky