First picnic shoulder, need advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It looks pretty darned good from here!

The oven finish does a good job and makes your kitchen smell amazing, but you can also foil-wrap it and pop it back into the smoker and the temp will climb pretty quickly. Wrapping it will also catch a lot of those wonderful juices that you can pour back over the PP once it is shredded.

Reactions: Workaholic
It looks pretty darned good from here!

The oven finish does a good job and makes your kitchen smell amazing, but you can also foil-wrap it and pop it back into the smoker and the temp will climb pretty quickly. Wrapping it will also catch a lot of those wonderful juices that you can pour back over the PP once it is shredded.

Oh I had one of those disposable foil pans sitting under it during the cook. When I pulled it from the smoker, I put it in the pan and covered it. That way while it was finishing, it was sitting in the drippings. And I rested it the same way.

Reactions: uncle eddie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky