Eye of the round roast, personalized smoker stand, and sports teams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

burm1000

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
Salina KS
Smoking an eye of the round today destined for Sammies. Can't wait. Also a little on pins and needles for KU basketball game today. Thought I'd include a comment on my favorite teams which you will see represented in the pictures? I'm a KU, St. Louis Cardinals, and KC Chiefs fan. No need to argue about sports in today's world...inflation, world conflict, etc. If your teams are K-State/Missouri, Chicago Cubs, and Raiders/Broncos power to you.

I'm fortunate enough to work at a manufacturing company. I took a crude picture of a stand for my smoker with expanded metal shelves to one of the guys and he asked if they could personalize it a bit. I said sure. Check out the results!

By the way, 6lb eye of round, dry brined overnight then Jeff's Texas Style Rub just went on.

1648906289987.png

1648906317881.png

1648906431456.png

Attachments

• 1648906372375.png
    1648906372375.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
That is a cool stand! Can you introduce me to your work friends!?!?! And the EOR in on my list to do for sammichs. Good lord the price my wife pays for roast beef out of the deli.

JIm

Looks tasty!! Done just right for my taste! I’m a diehard Cleveland sports fan. Nothing including our latest controversies will change that lol. Btw I went to high school in Fort Osage just outside Independence MO so have taken in a few Chiefs and Royals game when younger, like over 4 decades ago haha.

Reactions: chopsaw
Love smoking eye of round, done it a few times now and never disappointed. Great job!

By the way, on a little crusty bread with some horseradish mayo, some arugula, maybe a nice thick slice of homegrown tomato... oh man. If ya like that kinda stuff!

Now I'm starving.

Reactions: JLeonard
That Beef looks Outstanding---Just the way I like it.
Nice Job! Nice & Thin too!!
Like.
I gotta root for My 2 favorites, Duke & Villanova.
Hoping 'Nova can make a game out of it, after losing one of the starters at the end of last week's game. Stuff Happens!

Bear

The eye looks delicious and the stand is awesome!
Good idea using an onion holder to slice the eye with, never thought of that!
Al

The eye looks delicious and the stand is awesome!
Good idea using an onion holder to slice the eye with, never thought of that!
Al

Glad you chimed in, Al. I was about to ask what it was, 'cause it sure looked like a handy gadget. Naturally, I've never heard of or seen an "onion holder", but at least now I've got a name for it when I go looking for one. :emoji_wink: :emoji_wink:
Gary

Great looking smoked sandwich meat! Load of Carmel used onions and cheese on a good bread! Oh, My mouth is watering!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky