Duraflame purchases B&B Charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Quality always seems to play second fiddle to cost savings...

I think its the amount of " care " by the employees, first.

Then management decisions to expand the smaller company.

Or management decisions to integrate the smaller company into the larger one.

If Duraflame keeps B&B intact with the same people, maybe they defy the norm . B&B was a multi generation , family owned business.

Man that sucks!! B&B has been my go to the last two years. My confidence level the quality remains high is low.

This is crappy news the hardware store 5 minutes from my house is where I buy my B&B which has been my go-too since Kingford reformulated their charcoal.
Time to find another brand that I can buy locally because Kingsford sucks bad these days, and I've been a Kingsford charcoal guy for years because the smell reminds me of my Gramp's.

B&B should get better distribution this way. Probably positioned as a premium charcoal over Kingsford.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky