Chargriller Grand Champ temps.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
This is how I have been running my smoker of late. I am pretty happy how my temps are running. I get fluctuations but all my gauges seem to fluctuate about the same together.

Pictures are from stack then firebox then top gauge then firebox damper then my Inkbird grate temp, and the stack extension I am running. Nice clean smoke rolling. Then the ribs I am doing today.

IMG_5201.jpeg
IMG_5202.jpeg
IMG_5203.jpeg

IMG_5204.png

IMG_5205.jpeg
IMG_5206.jpeg
IMG_5207.jpeg

For a COS I must say I am pretty happy how this smoker is working for me. I keep thinking of dropping $$$ on a custom smoker but then I think how well this pit is working and I feel like why spend big dollars on something that I don’t know how well it will work for me. A little OCD going on in my head, Hahaha!!

Attachments

• IMG_5205.jpeg
    IMG_5205.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: DonP and JLeonard
Been my range for 3 hours now. Slight fluctuations as fire burns down then new splits added but holding nice and even. And yeah the ribs are smelling Amazing!! Last pic should read 259. Camera is weird sometimes when capturing that display.

IMG_5209.jpeg
IMG_5210.jpeg
IMG_5211.jpeg
IMG_5212.jpeg

OH man you got it working for you and temps with swing, Look for the average. And from your post.....you getting good results.

Jim

Reactions: Redicans
What's the old saying?
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

You got it working to your satisfaction.
Thanks Fueling, yeah it has taken a while but yeah I feel like I am really getting this pit dialed in.

OH man you got it working for you and temps with swing, Look for the average. And from your post.....you getting good results.

Jim
Thanks Jim, Definitely feeling like I have this smoker working well for me.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky