21.5 hour butt done barked up Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looked damn good to me. Most of my pork butts are started late at night. Never had one finish before 12 hrs being up. Most always go 15 to 18 hrs. Sometimes longer. Depends where I start out on the heat setting.
Toss some buns my way and load me up with some of that PP. I'm hungry here. LOL. Point - Likes to you for making such a fine thing there.

Sandy labs are great dogs! Can’t have a better dog in my opinion. you guys hunting them dogs? If I’m not standing near a bbq pit you can bet I’m training my dogs, running them through hunt tests, or hunting them (depending on the time of year).

E0B6CB17-6873-4355-B39C-EB565B5446F8.jpeg

Pic of Team Wonder Dog from last summer after we just picked some corn.

Sandy labs are great dogs! Can’t have a better dog in my opinion. you guys hunting them dogs? If I’m not standing near a bbq pit you can bet I’m training my dogs, running them through hunt tests, or hunting them (depending on the time of year).

Nice Labs!!
We lost our Black Lab "Shadow" a few years ago @ 13 years old.
Bear Jr has a Great Chocolate Lab "Diesel" but he has Epilepsy.

Labs really are Awesome!!

Bear

We had a Chocolate lab named Boudreaux for 11 yrs and had to put him down last year due to a ruptured pancreas. Hard day that was.
We miss him but not having to pick up his daily deposits is very nice. Now to make those neighborhood cats that poop in my yard “disappear”!

We had a Chocolate lab named Boudreaux for 11 yrs and had to put him down last year due to a ruptured pancreas. Hard day that was.
We miss him but not having to pick up his daily deposits is very nice. Now to make those neighborhood cats that poop in my yard “disappear”!

That's what happened to Shadow.
He had a cyst on his Pancreas, and it broke off & he bled to death internally.
Apparently that was common in Labs.
One day he felt terrible, but was fine the next day. The Vet said if it's what he thinks it was, it will happen again within 30 days. If it doesn't happen within 30 days, then it wasn't that. 2 weeks later it happened again, and we had to put him down.

Bear

That's what happened to Shadow.
He had a cyst on his Pancreas, and it broke off & he bled to death internally.
Apparently that was common in Labs.
One day he felt terrible, but was fine the next day. The Vet said if it's what he thinks it was, it will happen again within 30 days. If it doesn't happen within 30 days, then it wasn't that. 2 weeks later it happened again, and we had to put him down.

Bear
<y first lab got a cancer on his spleen about a year ago. He was diagnosed and put down same day. there was nothing they could do, it had metastasized all over his organs. Apparently what he had is somewhat common to have no symptoms till its too late. That Jack on my Avatar. we have an almost two year old and an 8 month old yellows. Labs are the best!

Attachments

• IMG_3786.JPG
    IMG_3786.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 16

View attachment 365215
Great looking labs!
We dont hunt with our, they are just our companions through it all. Just love labs!

Sorry to hear about everyone losing they’re dogs. It’s tough. Been through it with two of them and after years I still don’t talk about it. I hate cancer period. It took my dogs, my grandpa, and my mom.

Whoever figures out how to cure it can have bbq on me for life.

Sandy you have a couple English labs there. Good looking dogs. Congrats on your pork butt! Looked great! Sure beats wrapping it in my opinion.

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky