I took apart my MES to check the connectors and I noticed the element was caked with burnt stuff. I was wondering how to clean it without damaging it. Will a degreaser work or oven cleaner work with out damage? Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 7/20/16 at 2:19pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 6/12/16 at 8:49pm in Electric Smokers
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
The heating element ?
If it's the element i just cleaned mine w/ a steel woll pad while i hac it out of the unit.
if its the connectors go ahead and replace them while you have it apart. Also replace the 2 wires that lead to the e;ement w/ 12 guage wire and new high temp connectors,
- MES Element
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Smoked a couple birds. 29 minutes ago
- › Drunken Jerk wings and cheesy corn 31 minutes ago
- › It's what's for dinner 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › 275 gallon tank smoker 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › BDSkelly ~ Smoked Turkey Breasts on the MES 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › My first belly bacon 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Canadian Goose Breast on the Smoker Q-view 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › full refrigerator a good idea? 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › yummie pics to come 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona