I took apart my MES to check the connectors and I noticed the element was caked with burnt stuff. I was wondering how to clean it without damaging it. Will a degreaser work or oven cleaner work with out damage? Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 11/29/16 at 12:35pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 1/21/17 at 1:48pm in Electric Smokers
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
The heating element ?
If it's the element i just cleaned mine w/ a steel woll pad while i hac it out of the unit.
if its the connectors go ahead and replace them while you have it apart. Also replace the 2 wires that lead to the e;ement w/ 12 guage wire and new high temp connectors,
- MES Element
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Venison/Bacon/Cheese Burgers 33 seconds ago
- › Blackened Tilapia CI Style !! 4 minutes ago
- › Please advise on timing! 6 minutes ago
- › Under the sea - seafood tower(2) 7 minutes ago
- › Best Sausage to use in Electric Smoker 12 minutes ago
- › Pork rubs 14 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose Smoke Sausage 16 minutes ago
- › I love the bags from Vacum Sealers Unlimited!!! Pics included!! 21 minutes ago
- › So what's everyone smoking this weekend? 25 minutes ago
- › First time on mes 40. From propane 30 40 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer