I took apart my MES to check the connectors and I noticed the element was caked with burnt stuff. I was wondering how to clean it without damaging it. Will a degreaser work or oven cleaner work with out damage? Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 11/29/16 at 12:35pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 1/21/17 at 1:48pm in Electric Smokers
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
The heating element ?
If it's the element i just cleaned mine w/ a steel woll pad while i hac it out of the unit.
if its the connectors go ahead and replace them while you have it apart. Also replace the 2 wires that lead to the e;ement w/ 12 guage wire and new high temp connectors,
- MES Element
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › 30" Diameter 7' Long Reverse Flow Smoker on Trailer 5 minutes ago
- › First smoke of the year, first attempt at a Fatty. 7 minutes ago
- › Spit Roasted Fire Bathed Cheddar Brats 9 minutes ago
- › Chicken Pie 9 minutes ago
- › First pork butt 10 minutes ago
- › Spring Brisket 12 minutes ago
- › Chicken Sausage 3/21/17 24 minutes ago
- › Baby back ribs on a lovely Friday afternoon. 24 minutes ago
- › Smoked some legs and thighs at the farm 25 minutes ago
- › Even heat zones 28 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations