I took apart my MES to check the connectors and I noticed the element was caked with burnt stuff. I was wondering how to clean it without damaging it. Will a degreaser work or oven cleaner work with out damage? Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 11/29/16 at 12:35pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 11/21/16 at 7:23am in Electric Smokers
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
The heating element ?
If it's the element i just cleaned mine w/ a steel woll pad while i hac it out of the unit.
if its the connectors go ahead and replace them while you have it apart. Also replace the 2 wires that lead to the e;ement w/ 12 guage wire and new high temp connectors,
- MES Element
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › where are you getting your pellets from? 44 seconds ago
- › SUSHI-If you can roll a fattie you can make sushi-STEPS & QVIEW! 18 minutes ago
- › Another South Florida Gathering ????? 23 minutes ago
- › Game Day Baby Back Ribs and Pork Loin 28 minutes ago
- › More Quality time with my 17" Skillet 41 minutes ago
- › First time 42 minutes ago
- › First time smoker from PA 45 minutes ago
- › Spares On The Kettle !! (SmokinAl Style) 46 minutes ago
- › Canadian Bacon...Bear style 48 minutes ago
- › First brisket in Masterbuilt electric smoker 53 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot
- › Smoking Log Template