SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Trying my New STUFZ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trying my New STUFZ

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

 

Got my new toy (Toys)!

Please excuse some of the pics. We are breaking in a new camera, and the pics from that one seem to be shot through a filter.

I didn't do as good a job as some (SOB) in posting this as a step by step, but I didn't want the meat to get warm, while I made these burgers.

Mixed Whooshy Sauce with all 85/15 ground beef.

 

BTW: I ordered this on Saturday, and got it Thursday---Thats only 4 business days!!!

 

My comments will be with their respective pics:

 

 

5 ounces of 85/15 in bottom of STUFZ---then mushrooms:

P9040001.JPG

 

 

 

Then a torn up slice of Swiss:

P9040003.JPG

 

 

 

Then more Shrooms:

P9040004.JPG

 

 

 

Then 4 more ounces of 85/15 in the top of the STUFZ, and seal it up:

P9040006.JPG

 

 

 

Here's my other new toy I got a couple weeks ago:

DSC01419.JPG

 

 

 

Here are the first 3 to be eaten. The middle one is mine---It was the last one made, and I added the odd amount in the bowl, instead of making a small one---6 1/2 oz in bottom----5 oz on top


Total of 11 1/2 ounce meat in that one!

 

Oh yeah---had to eat about 1/4 of Mrs Bear's 9 ounce burger too.

DSC01420.JPG

 

 

 

My Din-Din:

DSC01423.JPG

 

 

 

View of internal happenings:

DSC01425.JPG

 

 

 

Oh yeah----The other 15 we got out of that 10 pounds of ground beef, packed 3 to a pack.

That would be one for me, one for Mrs Bear, and reheat one for me the next day:

DSC01427.JPG

 

 

Thanks for lookin',

Bear


Edited by Bearcarver - 9/5/10 at 1:11pm
post #2 of 16

WOW !!! Awesome job!   Looks like you got the hang of it!  Its one great toy Aint IT!

MMMMMM!!!!!Shroomy Swiss Burgers!!!!

 

SOB

 

BTW  Thanks for the mention! Pip Pip!

post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingOhioButcher View Post

WOW !!! Awesome job!   Looks like you got the hang of it!  Its one great toy Aint IT!

MMMMMM!!!!!Shroomy Swiss Burgers!!!!

 

SOB

 

BTW  Thanks for the mention! Pip Pip!

 

Thanks SOB,

I studied your post first (and RBranstner's, and meateater's, and Scarbelly's). I'm a little slow at it, so I did 6 at a time, keeping the rest in the fridge. It took me 1 1/2 hours to make 18, counting mixing about 6 ounces of Whooshy Sauce with the whole 10 pounds. It sure is a lot easier than trying to stuff them by hand! I'd make six 5 ounce balls & six 4 ounce balls. Then make those 6 up. Then repeat two more times. Great little toy. I found pushing down on the upside down cup worked better than pushing down on the little handle, because when I pushed on the handle, the handle has a tendency to pop out of it's slots. No big deal though---it works good like that. Kinda gotta get used to opening closing, and turning the thing when your hands are all greasy with beef fat. LOL

 

In my book, that's not long when you consider I now have 5 more batches ready to go for the future!

 

 

Thanks again,

Bear
 

post #4 of 16
Here is some exceptional customer service.
 I ordered my "Stufz" burger maker and received it in just a few days.I'm not sure if I was excited to get this or didn't read the instructions well enough but the plastic clip broke first time. I emailed the Stufz company and explained what had happened . I finished the email with "Please advise on what to do" thinking that would be the end of it. This is such a stand up company they next day shipped me a replacement and it arrived like they said,the next day. Sure is nice to see helpful people and companies on our SMF board ,thanks a ton .Bill in MN  
 
" I posted this in another "Stufz " thread but I want to make sure this gets seen"
post #5 of 16

Bear, looks like you got it down,  those look great! I like the bulk made and in the freezer ready to go. Nice new grill ya got.

post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meateater View Post

Bear, looks like you got it down,  those look great! I like the bulk made and in the freezer ready to go. Nice new grill ya got.


Thanks meateater,

That's gonna be nice. For my next 5 Burger cook sessions, no greasy hands, no frying mushrooms & trying to get them to stay on the burger, no laying cheese on top of my burgers for the last minute or two on the grill. Just "Thaw & Go!"

 

The grill works great---Gonna take awhile to get used to it though---Gets way hotter than my old one did. 

 

 

Bear

post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 

Thought I'd Bump this up from 6 1/2 Years ago.

 

Just don't see many of these "Stufz" Burger Stuffers being used lately.

 

 

Bear

post #8 of 16

I bought one and can't seem to prevent the meat from sticking to the stuffer.  They normally fall apart when I try to get them out.

 

But when I do jam 2 normal patties together, it's Bacon, Mushrooms and blue cheese, meat coated with Blackened seasoning.

 

Don

post #9 of 16

Cool gadget!

post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donr View Post
 

I bought one and can't seem to prevent the meat from sticking to the stuffer.  They normally fall apart when I try to get them out.

 

But when I do jam 2 normal patties together, it's Bacon, Mushrooms and blue cheese, meat coated with Blackened seasoning.

 

Don


Yeah---I was having Blowouts until I started using 5 oz on the bottom & 4 oz on the top.

 

 

Bear

post #11 of 16

I may have to find mine and give it another whirl.

 

My wife who prefers thinner burgers will just have to eat unstuffed ones.

post #12 of 16

Nice job, Bear. I've never owned one of the burger stuffer deals. Might have to try one.

 

Oddly enough we had mushroom and swiss burgers last night, but of course the cheese and mushrooms were on the outside.

 

I like the 50/50 pork/beef mix for burgers on the grill. Good flavor and they're jucier than beef alone. :drool 

post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donr View Post
 

I may have to find mine and give it another whirl.

 

My wife who prefers thinner burgers will just have to eat unstuffed ones.

 

Get on that, Don!!!

I don't make these often any more, because they're so Big.

It used to be either one of these or 2 Regular Single Burgers.

 

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
 

Nice job, Bear. I've never owned one of the burger stuffer deals. Might have to try one.

 

Oddly enough we had mushroom and swiss burgers last night, but of course the cheese and mushrooms were on the outside.

 

I like the 50/50 pork/beef mix for burgers on the grill. Good flavor and they're jucier than beef alone. :drool 

Yup---I agree!!

Actually our favorite is still----50% Venison, 25% Pork, and 25% Beef.

 

And Thanks for the Point !!

 

 

Bear


Edited by Bearcarver - 3/21/17 at 2:07pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

 

Get on that, Don!!!

I don't make these often any more, because they're so Big.

It used to be either one of these or 2 Regular Single Burgers.

 

 

Bear

 

Yup---I agree!!

Actually our favorite is still----50% Venison, 25% Pork, and 25% Beef.

 

And Thanks for the Point !!

 

 

Bear

 

Thumbs Up

 

Oh man, I've not gotten a deer in 3 years. Of course I've not tried very hard either. Funny how that works. :icon_mrgreen:

post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
 

 

Thumbs Up

 

Oh man, I've not gotten a deer in 3 years. Of course I've not tried very hard either. Funny how that works. :icon_mrgreen:


I quit many years ago, but our Son keeps me stocked up with all the Venison we can handle.

 

 

Bear

post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 


I quit many years ago, but our Son keeps me stocked up with all the Venison we can handle.

 

 

Bear

 

If I go at all anymore its during archery season right after our first good frost, but before it gets genuinely cold. A several hour sit in a tree stand when its cold has lost all its magic for me. :redface:

About the only hunting I really enjoy anymore is dove season at the beginning September. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Trying my New STUFZ