I don't drink beer but I'd like to do a few beer butt chickens and what to know which beer you all use. Tall cans or 12 oz cans?
Related Forum Threads
- Beer can chicken Last post on 12/23/10 at 4:57am in Grilling Chicken
- Beer Can Chicken Flavor Last post on 7/19/10 at 10:41pm in Poultry
- smoked beer can chicken Last post on 6/16/10 at 7:39pm in Poultry
- Ribs and beer can chicken mmmmmm with Qview Last post on 6/13/10 at 12:43pm in Roll Call
- First Beer Can Chicken Last post on 3/25/10 at 7:34pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
beer butt chicken.. what beer?post #1 of 127/21/10 at 6:39pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 127/21/10 at 6:48pmpost #3 of 127/21/10 at 6:55pm
You done even have to use beer at all. You can use some spices in a liquid of your chosing. I have seen a rack that takes the place of the beer can. Now I'm sure that some one will come bye here and show you some differant spice mixtures to use. I personally have never done one but I like my chickens whole and smoked.post #4 of 127/21/10 at 7:01pmThread Starter
I have four whole birds and some ribs I'm smoking for friends this weekend and I may do two birds with a coke can and the other two with beer cans so people can have a choice, so which beer brand do people use?post #5 of 127/21/10 at 8:04pm
I have used both diet coke and diet dr pepper and had good results. The beer can coke can can be a challenge sometimes if you don't have a good holder.post #6 of 127/21/10 at 8:44pmpost #7 of 127/22/10 at 6:49am
We often use Dr. Pepper. I use a can opener to remove the entire top of the can. I start with the can half full of Dr. Pepper. I then drop in some crushed garlic, a bit of onion powder, black pepper, and a bit of whatever rub or poultry seasoning I am using that day.
The Lowes beer can chicken racks work very well. Below is a pic of the lowes racks in use.post #8 of 127/22/10 at 7:18am
I love those racks - they make it really easy to get the bird balanced on the racks.
I spent last week at a resort with my family and we had a really old, wobbly kettle grill outside of our cabin I used to make two beer butt chickens. The holders worked awesome even though I thought the grill was going to fall apart every time I opened the lid to add more wood. I think I would have tipped-over chickens without the holders.post #9 of 127/22/10 at 7:23amQuote:
Nuttin beats a good ole can of Budweiser, Gotta love the Red White and Blue colors.post #10 of 127/22/10 at 7:50amQuote:
Any should work, and add some spices and goodies to the beer, especially spices like thyme Basil and rosemary or poultry seasoningpost #11 of 127/23/10 at 6:33pmpost #12 of 127/26/10 at 11:55am
I use 12oz coors light, but thats just what we prefer to drink. My guess is that folks will just recommend whatever it is they like to drink... so I'd recommend Coors light!
- beer butt chicken.. what beer?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Briskets - A Good Read With an Interesting Tidbit Regarding Water Pans 13 minutes ago
- › how much chesse to add to beefsticks 14 minutes ago
- › Issue with Snack Stick Casings 14 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt Electric Smoker 17 minutes ago
- › My Go To 23 minutes ago
- › Burnt Ends & Remnant Flat cut: Q-view 24 minutes ago
- › 325 Gal Reverse flow 28 minutes ago
- › BD's Pre Holiday Smoked Turkey. A Foamheart Request 33 minutes ago
- › Smoking some polish 36 minutes ago
- › HOT LEGS in WSM: Recipe Experiment & Q-View 39 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma