I don't drink beer but I'd like to do a few beer butt chickens and what to know which beer you all use. Tall cans or 12 oz cans?
Related Forum Threads
- Beer can chicken Last post on 12/23/10 at 4:57am in Grilling Chicken
- Beer Can Chicken Flavor Last post on 7/19/10 at 10:41pm in Poultry
- smoked beer can chicken Last post on 6/16/10 at 7:39pm in Poultry
- Ribs and beer can chicken mmmmmm with Qview Last post on 6/13/10 at 12:43pm in Roll Call
- First Beer Can Chicken Last post on 3/25/10 at 7:34pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
beer butt chicken.. what beer?post #1 of 127/21/10 at 6:39pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 127/21/10 at 6:48pmpost #3 of 127/21/10 at 6:55pm
You done even have to use beer at all. You can use some spices in a liquid of your chosing. I have seen a rack that takes the place of the beer can. Now I'm sure that some one will come bye here and show you some differant spice mixtures to use. I personally have never done one but I like my chickens whole and smoked.post #4 of 127/21/10 at 7:01pmThread Starter
I have four whole birds and some ribs I'm smoking for friends this weekend and I may do two birds with a coke can and the other two with beer cans so people can have a choice, so which beer brand do people use?post #5 of 127/21/10 at 8:04pm
I have used both diet coke and diet dr pepper and had good results. The beer can coke can can be a challenge sometimes if you don't have a good holder.post #6 of 127/21/10 at 8:44pmpost #7 of 127/22/10 at 6:49am
We often use Dr. Pepper. I use a can opener to remove the entire top of the can. I start with the can half full of Dr. Pepper. I then drop in some crushed garlic, a bit of onion powder, black pepper, and a bit of whatever rub or poultry seasoning I am using that day.
The Lowes beer can chicken racks work very well. Below is a pic of the lowes racks in use.post #8 of 127/22/10 at 7:18am
I love those racks - they make it really easy to get the bird balanced on the racks.
I spent last week at a resort with my family and we had a really old, wobbly kettle grill outside of our cabin I used to make two beer butt chickens. The holders worked awesome even though I thought the grill was going to fall apart every time I opened the lid to add more wood. I think I would have tipped-over chickens without the holders.post #9 of 127/22/10 at 7:23amQuote:
Nuttin beats a good ole can of Budweiser, Gotta love the Red White and Blue colors.post #10 of 127/22/10 at 7:50amQuote:
Any should work, and add some spices and goodies to the beer, especially spices like thyme Basil and rosemary or poultry seasoningpost #11 of 127/23/10 at 6:33pmpost #12 of 127/26/10 at 11:55am
I use 12oz coors light, but thats just what we prefer to drink. My guess is that folks will just recommend whatever it is they like to drink... so I'd recommend Coors light!
- beer butt chicken.. what beer?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › A few CSR's for the game.. 2 minutes ago
- › Pork butt hot and fast 6 minutes ago
- › Maryland group forming come join us 12 minutes ago
- › August 2017 Throwdown - YardBird!!! 20 minutes ago
- › New to forum 59 minutes ago
- › New smoker. 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › First Brisket 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › I've Been Challenged ... 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Bourbon-soaked chips? Non-oak? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › How easily should pellets burn in AMNPS? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ