I don't drink beer but I'd like to do a few beer butt chickens and what to know which beer you all use. Tall cans or 12 oz cans?
Related Forum Threads
- Beer can chicken Last post on 12/23/10 at 4:57am in Grilling Chicken
- Beer Can Chicken Flavor Last post on 7/19/10 at 10:41pm in Poultry
- smoked beer can chicken Last post on 6/16/10 at 7:39pm in Poultry
- Ribs and beer can chicken mmmmmm with Qview Last post on 6/13/10 at 12:43pm in Roll Call
- First Beer Can Chicken Last post on 3/25/10 at 7:34pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
If you want a serious thermometer, this is for you. It comes with 2 meat probes & one air probe, also included is a USB charger. It also has an auxiliary plug that I don't know what it is for, but...
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
beer butt chicken.. what beer?post #1 of 127/21/10 at 6:39pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 127/21/10 at 6:48pmpost #3 of 127/21/10 at 6:55pm
You done even have to use beer at all. You can use some spices in a liquid of your chosing. I have seen a rack that takes the place of the beer can. Now I'm sure that some one will come bye here and show you some differant spice mixtures to use. I personally have never done one but I like my chickens whole and smoked.post #4 of 127/21/10 at 7:01pmThread Starter
I have four whole birds and some ribs I'm smoking for friends this weekend and I may do two birds with a coke can and the other two with beer cans so people can have a choice, so which beer brand do people use?post #5 of 127/21/10 at 8:04pm
I have used both diet coke and diet dr pepper and had good results. The beer can coke can can be a challenge sometimes if you don't have a good holder.post #6 of 127/21/10 at 8:44pmpost #7 of 127/22/10 at 6:49am
We often use Dr. Pepper. I use a can opener to remove the entire top of the can. I start with the can half full of Dr. Pepper. I then drop in some crushed garlic, a bit of onion powder, black pepper, and a bit of whatever rub or poultry seasoning I am using that day.
The Lowes beer can chicken racks work very well. Below is a pic of the lowes racks in use.post #8 of 127/22/10 at 7:18am
I love those racks - they make it really easy to get the bird balanced on the racks.
I spent last week at a resort with my family and we had a really old, wobbly kettle grill outside of our cabin I used to make two beer butt chickens. The holders worked awesome even though I thought the grill was going to fall apart every time I opened the lid to add more wood. I think I would have tipped-over chickens without the holders.post #9 of 127/22/10 at 7:23amQuote:
Nuttin beats a good ole can of Budweiser, Gotta love the Red White and Blue colors.post #10 of 127/22/10 at 7:50amQuote:
Any should work, and add some spices and goodies to the beer, especially spices like thyme Basil and rosemary or poultry seasoningpost #11 of 127/23/10 at 6:33pmpost #12 of 127/26/10 at 11:55am
I use 12oz coors light, but thats just what we prefer to drink. My guess is that folks will just recommend whatever it is they like to drink... so I'd recommend Coors light!
- beer butt chicken.. what beer?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Maverick ET-733 thread 6 minutes ago
- › Turning my WSM into a stickburner 13 minutes ago
- › SMOKED MEATLOAF w/ my new FIREBOARD REMOTE THERMOMETER 16 minutes ago
- › First attempt at beef short ribs! 26 minutes ago
- › Bb's first run on WSM 28 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt not working properly 33 minutes ago
- › Good price for some wood 48 minutes ago
- › Spun some bird parts. 49 minutes ago
- › Chipotle cheddar sausage 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Thai Peanut and Apple Champagne Chicken Sausage 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine