I don't drink beer but I'd like to do a few beer butt chickens and what to know which beer you all use. Tall cans or 12 oz cans?
Related Forum Threads
- Beer can chicken Last post on 12/23/10 at 4:57am in Grilling Chicken
- Beer Can Chicken Flavor Last post on 7/19/10 at 10:41pm in Poultry
- smoked beer can chicken Last post on 6/16/10 at 7:39pm in Poultry
- Ribs and beer can chicken mmmmmm with Qview Last post on 6/13/10 at 12:43pm in Roll Call
- First Beer Can Chicken Last post on 3/25/10 at 7:34pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I got my first Traeger, put it together, followed all the directions to get it started with first "seasoning". Saw a dent in the frame, door did not close square to the opening, otherwise...
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
beer butt chicken.. what beer?post #1 of 127/21/10 at 6:39pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 127/21/10 at 6:48pmpost #3 of 127/21/10 at 6:55pm
You done even have to use beer at all. You can use some spices in a liquid of your chosing. I have seen a rack that takes the place of the beer can. Now I'm sure that some one will come bye here and show you some differant spice mixtures to use. I personally have never done one but I like my chickens whole and smoked.post #4 of 127/21/10 at 7:01pmThread Starter
I have four whole birds and some ribs I'm smoking for friends this weekend and I may do two birds with a coke can and the other two with beer cans so people can have a choice, so which beer brand do people use?post #5 of 127/21/10 at 8:04pm
I have used both diet coke and diet dr pepper and had good results. The beer can coke can can be a challenge sometimes if you don't have a good holder.post #6 of 127/21/10 at 8:44pmpost #7 of 127/22/10 at 6:49am
We often use Dr. Pepper. I use a can opener to remove the entire top of the can. I start with the can half full of Dr. Pepper. I then drop in some crushed garlic, a bit of onion powder, black pepper, and a bit of whatever rub or poultry seasoning I am using that day.
The Lowes beer can chicken racks work very well. Below is a pic of the lowes racks in use.post #8 of 127/22/10 at 7:18am
I love those racks - they make it really easy to get the bird balanced on the racks.
I spent last week at a resort with my family and we had a really old, wobbly kettle grill outside of our cabin I used to make two beer butt chickens. The holders worked awesome even though I thought the grill was going to fall apart every time I opened the lid to add more wood. I think I would have tipped-over chickens without the holders.post #9 of 127/22/10 at 7:23amQuote:
Nuttin beats a good ole can of Budweiser, Gotta love the Red White and Blue colors.post #10 of 127/22/10 at 7:50amQuote:
Any should work, and add some spices and goodies to the beer, especially spices like thyme Basil and rosemary or poultry seasoningpost #11 of 127/23/10 at 6:33pmpost #12 of 127/26/10 at 11:55am
I use 12oz coors light, but thats just what we prefer to drink. My guess is that folks will just recommend whatever it is they like to drink... so I'd recommend Coors light!
- beer butt chicken.. what beer?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › First smoke!! 25 seconds ago
- › Any Distillers out there? 2 minutes ago
- › And roll call 3 minutes ago
- › hawaiian flavor profile 3 minutes ago
- › Lonzino done (UMAi) 6 minutes ago
- › 10lb Chuck Roast 7 minutes ago
- › Igniter Rod 7 minutes ago
- › UMAi Pancetta 7 minutes ago
- › WSM Newbie...some questions regarding temp. and smoke taste... 9 minutes ago
- › Freezing Uncooked Pork Shoulder Butt 12 minutes ago
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by BMETZ
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS