I don't drink beer but I'd like to do a few beer butt chickens and what to know which beer you all use. Tall cans or 12 oz cans?
Related Forum Threads
- Beer can chicken Last post on 12/23/10 at 4:57am in Grilling Chicken
- Beer Can Chicken Flavor Last post on 7/19/10 at 10:41pm in Poultry
- smoked beer can chicken Last post on 6/16/10 at 7:39pm in Poultry
- Ribs and beer can chicken mmmmmm with Qview Last post on 6/13/10 at 12:43pm in Roll Call
- First Beer Can Chicken Last post on 3/25/10 at 7:34pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
beer butt chicken.. what beer?post #1 of 127/21/10 at 6:39pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 127/21/10 at 6:48pmpost #3 of 127/21/10 at 6:55pm
You done even have to use beer at all. You can use some spices in a liquid of your chosing. I have seen a rack that takes the place of the beer can. Now I'm sure that some one will come bye here and show you some differant spice mixtures to use. I personally have never done one but I like my chickens whole and smoked.post #4 of 127/21/10 at 7:01pmThread Starter
I have four whole birds and some ribs I'm smoking for friends this weekend and I may do two birds with a coke can and the other two with beer cans so people can have a choice, so which beer brand do people use?post #5 of 127/21/10 at 8:04pm
I have used both diet coke and diet dr pepper and had good results. The beer can coke can can be a challenge sometimes if you don't have a good holder.post #6 of 127/21/10 at 8:44pmpost #7 of 127/22/10 at 6:49am
We often use Dr. Pepper. I use a can opener to remove the entire top of the can. I start with the can half full of Dr. Pepper. I then drop in some crushed garlic, a bit of onion powder, black pepper, and a bit of whatever rub or poultry seasoning I am using that day.
The Lowes beer can chicken racks work very well. Below is a pic of the lowes racks in use.post #8 of 127/22/10 at 7:18am
I love those racks - they make it really easy to get the bird balanced on the racks.
I spent last week at a resort with my family and we had a really old, wobbly kettle grill outside of our cabin I used to make two beer butt chickens. The holders worked awesome even though I thought the grill was going to fall apart every time I opened the lid to add more wood. I think I would have tipped-over chickens without the holders.post #9 of 127/22/10 at 7:23amQuote:
Nuttin beats a good ole can of Budweiser, Gotta love the Red White and Blue colors.post #10 of 127/22/10 at 7:50amQuote:
Any should work, and add some spices and goodies to the beer, especially spices like thyme Basil and rosemary or poultry seasoningpost #11 of 127/23/10 at 6:33pmpost #12 of 127/26/10 at 11:55am
I use 12oz coors light, but thats just what we prefer to drink. My guess is that folks will just recommend whatever it is they like to drink... so I'd recommend Coors light!
- beer butt chicken.. what beer?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Sous Vide Ground Beef 1 minute ago
- › First time sausage making - loading casings on tube... successful... 1 minute ago
- › 120 gallon RF trailer build 2 minutes ago
- › Chicken Quesadilla's 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Hobart Slicer Restoration 7 minutes ago
- › buying wood chips 11 minutes ago
- › Hello Rookie Here 14 minutes ago
- › My 1st rack of pork 15 minutes ago
- › First smoke on a Kettleman yielded unexpected results, would love... 32 minutes ago
- › Trimee 37 minutes ago
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › "Uncured" hot dogs, bacons
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients