i am injecting the chicken breast with apple juice. i am applying a rub as well. i plan to smoke these breast to 175 and put them in foil for the last hour to keep moist. maybe after i pull them to shreds soak in oven with apple juice to revive the juices back in to the meat. what is your thought on this? and how long do you think to get to the temp?
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
pulled chicken?post #1 of 57/21/10 at 5:25pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/21/10 at 7:28pm
Now I have never injected chicken breast before but I have smoked a boat load of them. Now I would smoke it to maybe 165* in the breast and not do this whole soaking the meat in apple juice thingy. I like my chicken smoked and it comes out very juicy too. Heck give it a try and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure that you will get my way backed up here shortly.post #3 of 57/21/10 at 7:47pm
Hmmmm.. If you want pulled chicken for sandwiches or as a dish by it's self, you can smoke a whole chicken until one of the thighs pulls off without a knife. Put it in a big foil pan or tub and pull the meat and discard the bones..
If it's just the breasts you have, then like Mark said, take them to 165 and remove from the heat. You don't need to soak or anything else. Maybe just cover with some foil or a towel for a couple of minutes before slicing.
Smoking breasts alone for pulled chicken is not very effective. And by the way, nobody will know dark meat from white meat when the whole bird is pulled...post #4 of 57/21/10 at 7:48pm
- pulled chicken?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Its 330 am time to smoke a butt! 11 minutes ago
- › What is going on with my AMNPS? 54 minutes ago
- › First brisket (overnight) 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Big K Restaurant Grade Charcoal 15kg Multi Buy Box Offer @ Ocado 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Smoked Wings on the Traeger 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Kingsford Briquettes vs. Royal Oak Ridge Briquettes: Burn... 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Pork butts tonight and ribs tomorrow 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Hickory Smoked Chicken Rub With No Cayenne or Chilli... 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Wife's away 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Carving A Turkey 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer