i am injecting the chicken breast with apple juice. i am applying a rub as well. i plan to smoke these breast to 175 and put them in foil for the last hour to keep moist. maybe after i pull them to shreds soak in oven with apple juice to revive the juices back in to the meat. what is your thought on this? and how long do you think to get to the temp?
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
pulled chicken?post #1 of 57/21/10 at 5:25pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/21/10 at 7:28pm
Now I have never injected chicken breast before but I have smoked a boat load of them. Now I would smoke it to maybe 165* in the breast and not do this whole soaking the meat in apple juice thingy. I like my chicken smoked and it comes out very juicy too. Heck give it a try and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure that you will get my way backed up here shortly.post #3 of 57/21/10 at 7:47pm
Hmmmm.. If you want pulled chicken for sandwiches or as a dish by it's self, you can smoke a whole chicken until one of the thighs pulls off without a knife. Put it in a big foil pan or tub and pull the meat and discard the bones..
If it's just the breasts you have, then like Mark said, take them to 165 and remove from the heat. You don't need to soak or anything else. Maybe just cover with some foil or a towel for a couple of minutes before slicing.
Smoking breasts alone for pulled chicken is not very effective. And by the way, nobody will know dark meat from white meat when the whole bird is pulled...post #4 of 57/21/10 at 7:48pm
- pulled chicken?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Hello All 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Pork dates 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › no pots hack? 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Please help. 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › How much to charge per pound of smoked pork butt. 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Cherry wood question 4 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Cabelas 12" Pro slicer 4 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Electric Smokers 4 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Best Sausage to use in Electric Smoker 5 hours ago
- › Is a 2nd generation used MES 40" worth $100? 5 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ