i am injecting the chicken breast with apple juice. i am applying a rub as well. i plan to smoke these breast to 175 and put them in foil for the last hour to keep moist. maybe after i pull them to shreds soak in oven with apple juice to revive the juices back in to the meat. what is your thought on this? and how long do you think to get to the temp?
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
pulled chicken?post #1 of 57/21/10 at 5:25pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/21/10 at 7:28pm
Now I have never injected chicken breast before but I have smoked a boat load of them. Now I would smoke it to maybe 165* in the breast and not do this whole soaking the meat in apple juice thingy. I like my chicken smoked and it comes out very juicy too. Heck give it a try and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure that you will get my way backed up here shortly.post #3 of 57/21/10 at 7:47pm
Hmmmm.. If you want pulled chicken for sandwiches or as a dish by it's self, you can smoke a whole chicken until one of the thighs pulls off without a knife. Put it in a big foil pan or tub and pull the meat and discard the bones..
If it's just the breasts you have, then like Mark said, take them to 165 and remove from the heat. You don't need to soak or anything else. Maybe just cover with some foil or a towel for a couple of minutes before slicing.
Smoking breasts alone for pulled chicken is not very effective. And by the way, nobody will know dark meat from white meat when the whole bird is pulled...post #4 of 57/21/10 at 7:48pm
- pulled chicken?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › First full meal in the MES 4 minutes ago
- › Maybe an easy one fellas.... 7 minutes ago
- › Salt and pepper Tri tip over post oak 8 minutes ago
- › looking for a very mild snack stick/slim jim/pepperette recipe 39 minutes ago
- › PABEEF 57 minutes ago
- › It's what's for dinner 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Cold smoke attachment and bacon 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Just a "Little" pulled pork 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › My first build. 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona