i am injecting the chicken breast with apple juice. i am applying a rub as well. i plan to smoke these breast to 175 and put them in foil for the last hour to keep moist. maybe after i pull them to shreds soak in oven with apple juice to revive the juices back in to the meat. what is your thought on this? and how long do you think to get to the temp?
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
pulled chicken?post #1 of 57/21/10 at 5:25pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 57/21/10 at 7:28pm
Now I have never injected chicken breast before but I have smoked a boat load of them. Now I would smoke it to maybe 165* in the breast and not do this whole soaking the meat in apple juice thingy. I like my chicken smoked and it comes out very juicy too. Heck give it a try and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure that you will get my way backed up here shortly.post #3 of 57/21/10 at 7:47pm
Hmmmm.. If you want pulled chicken for sandwiches or as a dish by it's self, you can smoke a whole chicken until one of the thighs pulls off without a knife. Put it in a big foil pan or tub and pull the meat and discard the bones..
If it's just the breasts you have, then like Mark said, take them to 165 and remove from the heat. You don't need to soak or anything else. Maybe just cover with some foil or a towel for a couple of minutes before slicing.
Smoking breasts alone for pulled chicken is not very effective. And by the way, nobody will know dark meat from white meat when the whole bird is pulled...post #4 of 57/21/10 at 7:48pm
- pulled chicken?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Best practices for sausage making 54 minutes ago
- › Not bacon, but like the guidance I get from here 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › My first cold smoke 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › smoked chicken 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Bagel and Muffaletta...A Tale of... 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › 1st timer making Pops recipe: Country-Style Breakfast Sausage -... 3 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Too insulated ? LOL 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › New member from Indiana. Smoking my 6th? brisket as we speak. 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Big Chief - Best chips to use? 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Novice smoker 4 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot