So this is my second attempt at smoking BB's all in all they turned out well. A bit salty for my taste but none of the guest complained and in fact most has second so that is good. I had some challenges today. One was that the handle on the smoker door broke the previous night. I don't think this was poor craftsmanship, it got bent moving the smoker in the garage and when I attempted to straighten it broke. I ran out of brown sugar(DOH!!!). I think I definitely pushed the smoker to the capacity limits. I have the masterforge and I did 6 racks of BB's 2 fatties and some beans. Also I foiled some hot dogs for the kids that don't' like ribs.
First pic ribs all rubbed down and waiting for Brown sugar to "melt"
My rib rubs was simply some kosher salt and "Emerils Essence" I make my own essence from a recipe and I usually back off on the salt from the recipe. I used the 2.5 - 2 - 1 method.
Here are the BB's all loaded up.
Ribs are all foiled, fatties in, beans in. As you can see it's definitely cramped in there.
Polish engineered door lock
I'm sorry I dint have any pics of the finished fatties. They were both 50/50 mix of mild Italian sausage and ground pork. One was Spinach and provolone and the other was caramelized onions, mushrooms, red, yellow and orange bell pepper.
Next time I think I will definitely back off the salt in the rub a little bit and I also think I will use a 2.5-1.5-1 method. The ribs were just falling completely apart.
Thanks for looking at the Q.