Just want to make sure i have all my ducks in a row before i start into this. Ii am almost done with my shopping phase and ready to hit it. Ii have been doing alot of reading on here and finding lots of great tips. Just a few things I want to make sure about....
1. Are two 4" stacks going to be comparable to one 8"? Striking out on my 6" idea, and there isnt a option for two stacks in the formulas. Guess I should have payed better attention in school :)
2. Am I going to be ok if I slope my reverse flow plate towards the firebox and also slope it from both long sides towards a piece of angle iron (as a channel) to a drain tube then goin gdown in front of the fire box out the bottom of the smoker? Talking a 1/8" fall per foot. Not sure if this will mess up the smoke rolling over to the grate/food side of the smoker. Dont want the smoke to funnel to the sides and not the middle.
3. Do you forsee any problems if I place my two stacks about a foot apart on the firebox end? Bottom of the stack even with the top of the grate right? I hav eseen several different ways of exiting the smoker, going out the top, out the side etc... I am wanting to put a empty keg on top of the firebox and cut a hole in it to use as a warming oven. Hence the foot apart spacing of the stacks.
4. Are piano hinges the way to go? Planning on two doors opening pretty much the width of the smoker with no divider. What hinge does anyone recommend?
5. When figuring and cutting the firebox/smokerbox connecting opening...I am planning on 6" tall from the bottom , do I cut the horizontial line the entire width of the firebox or smoker box? (Or which ever is the entire length of). I cant figure out the half moon forumla.
My brain is fried
That is it for tonight :)
Thanks for your help