I wanted to make burnt ends but didn't have the time so I tried something different. I cut the brisket into 1-2 inch cubes, seasoned with rub and placed them on skeweres. i smoked them until they reached 165F then wrapped them in foil with beer and bbq sauce until they got to 205F. they came out really good. Has anyone else tried anything like this before?
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
Brisket Bitespost #1 of 66/24/10 at 8:13amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 66/24/10 at 8:16ampost #3 of 66/24/10 at 10:24amThread Starterpost #4 of 66/24/10 at 12:47pm
Now I have made burnt ends a few times and I haven't made anythig like you are talking about. They do sound good but it seems like alot of trouble for some small chunks of brisket. Now you should make them again and take some Qview and name it and they might stick here and then you can say I created those things. PPpsssss make the name catchey nowpost #5 of 66/24/10 at 1:09pm
I'd vote for BBQubes (as in BBCubes but following with BBQ) but I don't think many people would understand the significance of it (it is computer software related).
- Brisket Bites
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Greetings from Manitoba, Canada 1 minute ago
- › Wood in Las Vegas? 3 minutes ago
- › Under the sea - seafood tower(2) 3 minutes ago
- › Butt steak 6 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose Smoke Sausage 15 minutes ago
- › Wife's away 19 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone 23 minutes ago
- › Remember The Fallen !! 26 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Hickory Smoked Chicken Rub With No Cayenne or Chilli... 27 minutes ago
- › Pork butts tonight and ribs tomorrow 29 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer