I wanted to make burnt ends but didn't have the time so I tried something different. I cut the brisket into 1-2 inch cubes, seasoned with rub and placed them on skeweres. i smoked them until they reached 165F then wrapped them in foil with beer and bbq sauce until they got to 205F. they came out really good. Has anyone else tried anything like this before?
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Brisket Bitespost #1 of 66/24/10 at 8:13amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 66/24/10 at 8:16ampost #3 of 66/24/10 at 10:24amThread Starterpost #4 of 66/24/10 at 12:47pm
Now I have made burnt ends a few times and I haven't made anythig like you are talking about. They do sound good but it seems like alot of trouble for some small chunks of brisket. Now you should make them again and take some Qview and name it and they might stick here and then you can say I created those things. PPpsssss make the name catchey nowpost #5 of 66/24/10 at 1:09pm
I'd vote for BBQubes (as in BBCubes but following with BBQ) but I don't think many people would understand the significance of it (it is computer software related).
- Brisket Bites
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Spring Brisket 1 minute ago
- › Smoking a Chuck Roast 3 minutes ago
- › Apple Stuffed Loin and Burnt Ends 3 minutes ago
- › Full Packer brisket, flat cooking significantly faster only 1hr... 3 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt ThermoTemp XL - model 20051316 9 minutes ago
- › BrinkMann offset smoker modified 13 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann Trailmaster offset wood smoker modded 17 minutes ago
- › Give me your best whole chicken process! 18 minutes ago
- › Wet T-shirt contest winner--PROCEED WITH CAUTION! 19 minutes ago
- › Newby bitting the bullte , 250gal smoker on a trailer 21 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations