Here's an easy to follow video on how to spatchcock a chicken. Some new smokers may not be familiar with this technique, but it does cut-down on time spent with your smoker,and you can use your grill in an indirect heat method too. Go to Wiki,click on Browse All Wikis, then click on Spatchcock Chicken.
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
How to spatchcock chickenpost #1 of 86/12/10 at 6:38amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 86/12/10 at 7:41am
Totally love spatchcocked yardbird. Fell in love with it after trying it out...pretty simple once you do it once, you are on it. Cut out the spine, slice cartilage and breastbone, I slice the bird in half, EVOO and rub, bone down and go to town. Juiciest bird I have ever made.post #3 of 86/12/10 at 7:43ampost #4 of 86/15/10 at 6:54pmpost #5 of 86/15/10 at 6:58pm
And if you are grilling it how long might you grill one over direct heat? I don't plan on smoking the bird on the grill this weekend (wife doesn't like the smoke, I know she's crazy...) so why do indirect right?post #6 of 86/15/10 at 7:27pmpost #7 of 86/16/10 at 12:37pmQuote:
I did my first one last night right over the flames. I rubbed it the night before with some extra under the breast skin, then fired up the grill (gas, medium heat) until it read about 350. Put it breast down on the grill for about 10 mins and it got nice and brown with some good char marks. flipped it over, put some butter under the breast skin and mopped it with a bit of cider vin, AJ, and brown sugar. Turned the heat down after another 10 and let it go for about 15 more mins. some of the most perfectly done chicken Ive ever had.post #8 of 81/11/11 at 5:14am
I haven't done mine over direct heat, I use my Traeger 075 for just about everything. I do have a Kamado Joe now, so I have been playing with indirect and direct heat for sear and char lately. Nothing is as juicy as a smoked spatch though, thinking about spatching a turkey this weekend.
- How to spatchcock chicken
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Enjoying Trying Things Out in Budapest 2 minutes ago
- › RIb Preference 2 minutes ago
- › Char griller akorn help 5 minutes ago
- › Beef ribs came out PERFECT 6 minutes ago
- › First attempt at pulled pork ... 6 minutes ago
- › Need a GMG Daniel Boone Wifi 13 minutes ago
- › converting to electric 20 minutes ago
- › Curing vs. Aging 30 minutes ago
- › London Broil, Three Stepping It's Way On to My Plate 31 minutes ago
- › Smokin Loco 34 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ