- 85 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
Chicken Rub ?post #1 of 153/27/10 at 9:37pmThread StarterI have a 7lb. chicken I am going to butterfly and smoke tomorrow.Getting tired of my usual rub I was wondering if any body would care to share there special chicken rub?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 153/27/10 at 10:11pmWell, I've done chicken that way, but I'm very new to making my own rubs and such. All the ones I did last year I used Mrs. Dash Grilling Blend for chicken. I rubbed it in good under the skin. Really good.post #3 of 153/27/10 at 10:41pmI use a bit of my rib rub mixed with some ground up "kickin Chicken" that I get from Sam's club or Walmart. I magic bullet them together, rub and smoke or grill. Nice flavour and some kick to it as well. (rib rub is tweaked Jeff's recipe)post #4 of 153/28/10 at 1:18amIn addition to the rub, I'd suggest putting the bird in a poultry brine and letting it sit overnight. The spices in the brine get absorbed quite nicely, and the extra rub you put on it prior to smoking, will just add that extra "oomph" of flavor.post #5 of 153/28/10 at 1:21ampost #6 of 153/28/10 at 1:24amIf you marinade in Italian dressing, be cautious with how long the meat sits in the marinade. If you let it sit for more than 24 hours you run the risk of the dressing actually starting to "cook" the meat. If that happens and you throw it on the smoker, you may end up with a dry piece of meat.
Otherwise, Italian dressing is a great marinade and tastes wonderful with chicken.post #7 of 153/28/10 at 2:07amNow I have used italian dressing on venison and other game meat but never on chicken. Now it does sound pretty good it seams alittle much but thats just me. I have been using the butt rub lately zi have found that the new Old Bay Rub is really good on yard bird too. I would also recommand using tip's slaughter house brine for your bird too. It's really good and low salt too.post #8 of 153/28/10 at 5:17amsince you live in tulsa there is a rub available you need. Bass Pro Shops and Ace westlake hardware stores carry Plowboys yardbird rub. also carry Plowboys bovine beef rub for briskit. It's very good stuff.post #9 of 153/28/10 at 12:27pmThread Starterpost #10 of 153/28/10 at 12:33pmI agree with the italian dressing, and I just use a shake of Tony Chachere's original creaole seasoning. Works great on chicken. Has just enough salt to give you crisp skinpost #11 of 153/28/10 at 6:14pmThread Starterpost #12 of 154/1/12 at 12:26pm
Smoke Farmer, I dug up a few more for your future consideration (these are all among our favorites here):
An all-in-one meal, or you could piece together just the chicken meat:
Scroll down on this page for two additional poultry rubs:
If you like it HOT:
Great smokes to ya!!!
Ericpost #13 of 154/1/12 at 12:36pmpost #14 of 154/1/12 at 12:44pmpost #15 of 154/1/12 at 12:58pmQuote:
OOPS!!!! Shoulda had my reading glasses on...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Chicken Rub ?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › MES 40 Problems 44 seconds ago
- › Need help with a discontinued Cabela Electric Smoker 4 minutes ago
- › Venison summer sausage 17 minutes ago
- › Formed bacon 22 minutes ago
- › a maze n smoker questions 25 minutes ago
- › Black Forest Sticks 26 minutes ago
- › Slap Ya Mama Sticks 28 minutes ago
- › Briskets - A Good Read With an Interesting Tidbit Regarding Water Pans 54 minutes ago
- › MES temp variations 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › please avoid this 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma