- 85 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Chicken Rub ?post #1 of 153/27/10 at 9:37pmThread StarterI have a 7lb. chicken I am going to butterfly and smoke tomorrow.Getting tired of my usual rub I was wondering if any body would care to share there special chicken rub?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 153/27/10 at 10:11pmWell, I've done chicken that way, but I'm very new to making my own rubs and such. All the ones I did last year I used Mrs. Dash Grilling Blend for chicken. I rubbed it in good under the skin. Really good.post #3 of 153/27/10 at 10:41pmI use a bit of my rib rub mixed with some ground up "kickin Chicken" that I get from Sam's club or Walmart. I magic bullet them together, rub and smoke or grill. Nice flavour and some kick to it as well. (rib rub is tweaked Jeff's recipe)post #4 of 153/28/10 at 1:18amIn addition to the rub, I'd suggest putting the bird in a poultry brine and letting it sit overnight. The spices in the brine get absorbed quite nicely, and the extra rub you put on it prior to smoking, will just add that extra "oomph" of flavor.post #5 of 153/28/10 at 1:21ampost #6 of 153/28/10 at 1:24amIf you marinade in Italian dressing, be cautious with how long the meat sits in the marinade. If you let it sit for more than 24 hours you run the risk of the dressing actually starting to "cook" the meat. If that happens and you throw it on the smoker, you may end up with a dry piece of meat.
Otherwise, Italian dressing is a great marinade and tastes wonderful with chicken.post #7 of 153/28/10 at 2:07amNow I have used italian dressing on venison and other game meat but never on chicken. Now it does sound pretty good it seams alittle much but thats just me. I have been using the butt rub lately zi have found that the new Old Bay Rub is really good on yard bird too. I would also recommand using tip's slaughter house brine for your bird too. It's really good and low salt too.post #8 of 153/28/10 at 5:17amsince you live in tulsa there is a rub available you need. Bass Pro Shops and Ace westlake hardware stores carry Plowboys yardbird rub. also carry Plowboys bovine beef rub for briskit. It's very good stuff.post #9 of 153/28/10 at 12:27pmThread Starterpost #10 of 153/28/10 at 12:33pmI agree with the italian dressing, and I just use a shake of Tony Chachere's original creaole seasoning. Works great on chicken. Has just enough salt to give you crisp skinpost #11 of 153/28/10 at 6:14pmThread Starterpost #12 of 154/1/12 at 12:26pm
Smoke Farmer, I dug up a few more for your future consideration (these are all among our favorites here):
An all-in-one meal, or you could piece together just the chicken meat:
Scroll down on this page for two additional poultry rubs:
If you like it HOT:
Great smokes to ya!!!
Ericpost #13 of 154/1/12 at 12:36pmpost #14 of 154/1/12 at 12:44pmpost #15 of 154/1/12 at 12:58pmQuote:
OOPS!!!! Shoulda had my reading glasses on...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Chicken Rub ?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › 2 Racks 2 Rubs 56 seconds ago
- › World's largest sous vide pastrami and A WALL OF FIRE. 2 minutes ago
- › Any idea what type of ribs these are? 13 minutes ago
- › Prime Brisket for Sunday 16 minutes ago
- › reheat frozen smoked ribs 23 minutes ago
- › First chicken legs on WSM 14" 24 minutes ago
- › Uneven temp 37 minutes ago
- › griz's pork / rib rub 51 minutes ago
- › Hello from Pennsylvania 52 minutes ago
- › Comparison of Pork Butt done 2 ways 53 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods