- 85 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Chicken Rub ?post #1 of 153/27/10 at 9:37pmThread StarterI have a 7lb. chicken I am going to butterfly and smoke tomorrow.Getting tired of my usual rub I was wondering if any body would care to share there special chicken rub?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 153/27/10 at 10:11pmWell, I've done chicken that way, but I'm very new to making my own rubs and such. All the ones I did last year I used Mrs. Dash Grilling Blend for chicken. I rubbed it in good under the skin. Really good.post #3 of 153/27/10 at 10:41pmI use a bit of my rib rub mixed with some ground up "kickin Chicken" that I get from Sam's club or Walmart. I magic bullet them together, rub and smoke or grill. Nice flavour and some kick to it as well. (rib rub is tweaked Jeff's recipe)post #4 of 153/28/10 at 1:18amIn addition to the rub, I'd suggest putting the bird in a poultry brine and letting it sit overnight. The spices in the brine get absorbed quite nicely, and the extra rub you put on it prior to smoking, will just add that extra "oomph" of flavor.post #5 of 153/28/10 at 1:21ampost #6 of 153/28/10 at 1:24amIf you marinade in Italian dressing, be cautious with how long the meat sits in the marinade. If you let it sit for more than 24 hours you run the risk of the dressing actually starting to "cook" the meat. If that happens and you throw it on the smoker, you may end up with a dry piece of meat.
Otherwise, Italian dressing is a great marinade and tastes wonderful with chicken.post #7 of 153/28/10 at 2:07amNow I have used italian dressing on venison and other game meat but never on chicken. Now it does sound pretty good it seams alittle much but thats just me. I have been using the butt rub lately zi have found that the new Old Bay Rub is really good on yard bird too. I would also recommand using tip's slaughter house brine for your bird too. It's really good and low salt too.post #8 of 153/28/10 at 5:17amsince you live in tulsa there is a rub available you need. Bass Pro Shops and Ace westlake hardware stores carry Plowboys yardbird rub. also carry Plowboys bovine beef rub for briskit. It's very good stuff.post #9 of 153/28/10 at 12:27pmThread Starterpost #10 of 153/28/10 at 12:33pmI agree with the italian dressing, and I just use a shake of Tony Chachere's original creaole seasoning. Works great on chicken. Has just enough salt to give you crisp skinpost #11 of 153/28/10 at 6:14pmThread Starterpost #12 of 154/1/12 at 12:26pm
Smoke Farmer, I dug up a few more for your future consideration (these are all among our favorites here):
An all-in-one meal, or you could piece together just the chicken meat:
Scroll down on this page for two additional poultry rubs:
If you like it HOT:
Great smokes to ya!!!
Ericpost #13 of 154/1/12 at 12:36pmpost #14 of 154/1/12 at 12:44pmpost #15 of 154/1/12 at 12:58pmQuote:
OOPS!!!! Shoulda had my reading glasses on...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Chicken Rub ?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › First Chicken Question 9 minutes ago
- › Is it still good 18 minutes ago
- › Help me...brisket! 32 minutes ago
- › First try at a UDS 51 minutes ago
- › Newbie from idaho 54 minutes ago
- › Longtime Lurker from NH 56 minutes ago
- › Pork tenderloin 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Hello from South Central Texas 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Mike from Arkansas here. 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Please help 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ