New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UDS question

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I have a UDS but the question pertains to adding a thermometer on the side. Im looking for a high temp grommet so i can drill a hole into the side just below the grates. Does anyone have a clue what to use, or where to source one?

I can draw pictures if this doesnt make any sense
post #2 of 6

This is an installation kit for Tel Tru thermos.
Hope this helps?
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
almost exactly what i was looking for. Thanks, it gives me another idea.

I was almost hoping there was something for the probe of a digital thermometer. This way i can have it BEEP at me while im drinking beer and playing video games if the temps get too high:)

I might go this route though since it looks easier.

Again, thank you
post #4 of 6
Just drill a hole large enough to pass the probe through, stick the probe through a block of wood or a potato and place it on the grate. Just make sure the hole is burr free so it doesn't tear up the cable. I've been using mine that way for almost a year now.

No need for a high temp grommet, but I suppose you can use one if you want.

post #5 of 6

This is what I used. It's a watertight fittin available in the electrical department a most done it to yerself stores. Couple a bucks. Works great.
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
I saw that but was unsure of the temp rating. Thanks for the help guys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Charcoal Smokers