or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Desserts › Apple Smoked Apple Dumplin' on the drum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple Smoked Apple Dumplin' on the drum - Page 3

post #41 of 60
Thread Starter 

Thanks Scott! Hope they turn out well for you!  

post #42 of 60

Wife's running to the store now for ingredients, think I have just enough time to work these out with tonight's pork. Yum!

post #43 of 60

OMG!!  Now that's a money shot!!!!  Can't wait to try these, thanks!

post #44 of 60

I just want to thank you for solving my dessert problem for next week end. I will try it some time this week so that it will turn out almost as good as yours next Saturday.

post #45 of 60

I'm glad someone looked these up, and bumped the post back up, i had to wipe my mouth, thanks Cowgirl, I was wondering, at what temp did you smoke these at ?

 

If you ever want to venture up to Northern IL, and give us some hands on BBQ lessons, I'd be all for it, until then please put a fan out by your smoker and face it my way, I'm about 45 miles northwest of Chicago. 

post #46 of 60

Wife got back from the store with ingredients and I just tossed them in the smoke, have about 30 minutes left before I pull my pork to rest, corn should finish up about 10 minutes later, and hopefully the dumplings will be done just as we wipe our faces. Once I got to coating and stacking through, I went with half an apple per dumpling, they were getting big! 

 

Gettin hungry!

 

post #47 of 60

OMG! WTF? BBQ!

 

Wow, BBQ pie. Amazing, easy and possibly the best thing off my grill this evening. Thanks, Cowgirl! Sending you a PM, I'd love to publish this recipe in our newsletter at work. (tasted awesome on our mesquite and apple chips) Hooorrrrayyy food coma!

post #48 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post

OMG!!  Now that's a money shot!!!!  Can't wait to try these, thanks!


Harley, thank you! :)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamong9 View Post

I just want to thank you for solving my dessert problem for next week end. I will try it some time this week so that it will turn out almost as good as yours next Saturday.




shamong, I hope they turn out well for you. Thanks!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern greenhorn View Post

I'm glad someone looked these up, and bumped the post back up, i had to wipe my mouth, thanks Cowgirl, I was wondering, at what temp did you smoke these at ?

 

If you ever want to venture up to Northern IL, and give us some hands on BBQ lessons, I'd be all for it, until then please put a fan out by your smoker and face it my way, I'm about 45 miles northwest of Chicago. 



Northern Greenhorn, I'll be right up. lol

 I smoke them at different temperatures. Usually put them in the smoker with what ever meat I'm smoking. I check them after an hour by running a knife down the hole in the top... poke the apples to see if they are getting tender. I don't like them to be mushy..they are still a bit firm. like in an apple pie.   If you are smoking them alone.. I'd use 325F.

Hope this helps! Thank you... :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPacker View Post

OMG! WTF? BBQ!

 

Wow, BBQ pie. Amazing, easy and possibly the best thing off my grill this evening. Thanks, Cowgirl! Sending you a PM, I'd love to publish this recipe in our newsletter at work. (tasted awesome on our mesquite and apple chips) Hooorrrrayyy food coma!


lol I'm glad to hear that you liked them!! Thank you so much.
 

post #49 of 60

Baby!!!   Darling... light of my life!!!!  you kill me hon.  those look so awesome and i am going to so steal this if you dont mind... thks for sharing Jeanie

post #50 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by erain View Post

Baby!!!   Darling... light of my life!!!!  you kill me hon.  those look so awesome and i am going to so steal this if you dont mind... thks for sharing Jeanie


lol E!  Hope they turn out well for you...
 

post #51 of 60

Jeanie... seriously... have you ever had one of those IQ tests?? Because in my book you are a freaking genius!!  Not just these apple dumplings... it post after post after post of shear genius. There isn't a single adjective to describe it. Awesome.. Outstanding.. Incredible... none of these by themselves get it done. Maybe all of them together.

post #52 of 60
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Chef View Post

Jeanie... seriously... have you ever had one of those IQ tests?? Because in my book you are a freaking genius!!  Not just these apple dumplings... it post after post after post of shear genius. There isn't a single adjective to describe it. Awesome.. Outstanding.. Incredible... none of these by themselves get it done. Maybe all of them together.



lol Smoke Chef.... you are too sweet!! Thanks for that... (((HUG))).

I'm just a simple country cook.. who loves smoke. lol

post #53 of 60
Ohhhh MY!!!! That looks swwwweeeeetttt!!!
post #54 of 60

That looks fantastic and I'll bet not one calorie in the whole thing. That is truly creative, great job PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

post #55 of 60

I want to try this and am wondering what temp you smoked them at cowgirl?  My neighbor has been loading me up with apples from his apple tree that went nuts this year!

post #56 of 60

Jeanie,

 

I might be a few years late on this one, but I've said it before and I'll say it again....I'm in love!!!!!!

 

Your Q-view is THE best everrrrr.   

 

drool.gif

post #57 of 60

I was looking for a desert for thanksgiving, I think these will fit the bill quite nicely! Thank you for the recipe!

post #58 of 60
Cowgirl, WOW! I am fairly new around here and every post I see of yours looks AMAZING!

My niece and nephew are staying with us Saturday and I am making a couple of pizzas on the kamado. I was going to make peach cobbler/dump cake on the kamado for dessert, but I think your dumplings are now on the dessert menu.

Keep the great ideas coming!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
post #59 of 60

I'm thinking maybe some of these for Thanksgiving.
 

post #60 of 60
Thread Starter 

Thanks everybody! The dumplins are good with ice cream or whipped cream....... or both. biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Desserts
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Desserts › Apple Smoked Apple Dumplin' on the drum