• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

efrain

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 23, 2008
orange county,ca
my smokers internal temp is 270, i got a shoulder in there is that ok? also how often should i add wood im using hickory chunks and mesquite chips.thanks again.

Don't worry, efrain. Just monitor your temps and understand that a fluctuation is gonna happen. When temp creeps up, close off the vent in your fire-box or charcoal box. When temp drops down, open up these same vents and add fuel (wood or charcoal as needed. A couple of chunks at a time). Always keep your chimney exhaust open all the way to avoid nasty creosote taste on your food and to ensure a good air-draw through your unit. Happy smoking!

I hope you aint going by the therm on the door of your smoker, cuz it is usually way off!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky