or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CGSP Mod Questions

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I am going to add the thermometers to the lid at the grill level. Is there a decent recommended brand of thermometer?

I've looked for a Taylor 814 model but cant find it anwhere except on their website.

I've also noticed that a few of the pictures I've seen look like poeple use a couple of digital probes poked through some sort of weight (looked like a potato). Does that work? Wouldn't see why not.

I just dont want to start drilling a bunch of holes if it is not necessary.

Thanks in advance!
post #2 of 6
The digital thru the potato is a very popular trick around here.. I haven't gotten to doing that.. but I will eventually.
post #3 of 6
I just added thermos to mine, all I could find locally were a couple thermos for a new holland grill, $10 each ... and they read axactly with my Maverick dig.

Have seen alot of guys use a tater, or a chunk of wood to the thermo... My Maverick came with a clip to attach to the grate, and it works well for me.
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 

I think I saw a dual input digital for about $30. I will probably go that way for now. If it doesn't work out I can still use the thermo for meat.
post #5 of 6
I got thermometers for my chargriller at walmart for $15 a piece and I'm very happy with them. They are for smokers and charcoal grills. it makes it really nice having a temp. view for each end of the grill. I also found that I was cooking things to fast.

post #6 of 6
Just a side item note: putting the probe through a potato or piece of wood keeps the tip from making contact with the grates, which could potentially damage your digital probe, or at least lead to an inaccurate reading.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Charcoal Smokers