This thread is closed with a last and very meaningful thought..I value everyone of you highly and I think you know that. The SMF is only as great as the combined greatness of its members and the whole is usually greater than its individual parts.
But I am not going to mince words here..
It is a sad day when I have to ask someone to remove a semi-sarcastic/humorous remark from their signature line only
because I know the trouble it will stir up and not because there is really anything wrong with it.
That disclaimer is not new and is on other members signature lines as well or so I am told.
I laughed the first time I saw it then I stopped laughing real quick when I realized all of the folks that I would get emails from complaining about it.So which is worse the signature line or the folks who have nothing better to do then complain about it?
Sorry if that steps on toes but surely you want me to be honest here.If we have nothing better to talk about than what someone puts in their signature line or how divisive some other member is allegedly being, then why are we here?
If you don't like someone enough to constantly complain about them then be big enough to get into a chat room together or on the phone or whatever works for you and work out your problem.
If you are not big enough to do that then don't complain.
Just so you know where I stand on these issues..
Concerning the SMF, I do not care:
- About post counts.. many or none it just don't matter.
- Who is being sarcastic in their signature line
- Who thinks someone is being divisive
- who is being divisive
- who likes who
- who hates who
- who has a large ego
- who has a small ego
- who is rich
- who is poor
- who is most knowledgeable
- who is least knowledgeable
- who thinks I am a great admin (ok.. maybe a little)
- who thinks I am not a great admin
I do care..
- about smoking meat
- about having peace on the SMF
- about newbies learning to smoke great food
- about everyone being nice and acting like adults
- about great jokes
- about everyone following the SMF rules
- about getting Christmas gifts from all of you
- about getting a birthday gift from all of you
Just trying to be transparent.