Here we go. Have fun. Please remember to keep any comments you post on this thread general. It's okay to post things like "everything looks great". It's not okay to post things like " I love Number 2 and everyone should vote for that one". Any posts deemed in appropriate will be removed by the MOD staff.
The entries are in no particular order. I placed names in a hat and drew them out. When voting the number listed in the poll corresponds with the entry number show before each dish.
The photos are the original photos, formatted as best as possible to keep them all similar sizes but otherwise un-edited.
Winners of this Throwdown will receive a Lavatool Javelin Instant Read Thermometer and a Pacific Northwest care package.
The entries are:
1. Whole chicken rubbed the night before and smoked for 5 hours on the chargrill. Veggie skewers alongside also done on the smoker.
2. 1/2 Lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, bacon cheddar macaroni salad, Italian cut green beans.
3. At least a dozen chicken wings, multiple quarters and bacon wrapped chicken breasts were found on the smoker and around this property. We're all in shock right now. The worst of it was found on a old stump out back with blood and sauce splattered everywhere. The assailant left a selfie of the weapon!!! The maniac ate smoked corn on the cob picked just down the road with the chicken.... and he obviously cleaned out the fridge of beer. No one is safe! Lock your chicken coops!
4.Chicken roulade ,bacon wrapped. Filling of sun dried tomato, feta & spinach. Sauce of reduced chicken stock, white wine, shallots, pepper flakes and garlic. Sliced tomato with sea salt, buttered and salted asparagus.A puree of smoked sweet potato and caramelized onion with cream and butter..
5. Peach Smoked Boneless Chicken Breast on a bed of Baby Bok Choy,with Chicken Lo-Mein I could not find the Chow Funn Noodles to make what I wanted (Hawaiian Noodle dish). De Boned the 2 breast keeping the skin in tact on one of the breast,wrapped it around and smoked W/Peach chunks. Cubed the meat from the other breast for Lo-Mein stir fried with all the veggies.
6. Top left going clockwise - Fried Andouille Chips, Sweet Cherry Peppers, HOT Pickled Peppers, Apple Smoked Sharp Cheddar, Smoked Yardbird head-cheese & some crackers.
7. Smoked Chicken Phiily CheeseSteak
Hickory smoked and then seared on the flat top chicken covered with a onion, sweet pepper, and jalapeño pepperonata. All tucked in a toasted hoagie roll and covered with provolone cheese and melted under the broiler. And of course what goes better with this as a side than some smoked waffle fries (and a ice cold beer of course).
8. Chicken Galantine, stuffed with homade Chipotle sausage and pork mix with smoked / roasted red bell peppers, Smoked drums with Alabama white sauce on half the other half seasoned with Emeril's essence. Smoked sweet corn on the cob with a chipotle infused butter. Lastly a Cauliflower casserole with bacon, green onions, cheddar and creme cheese
9. South Western YardBird and Waffles
Boneless Thighs around Cheese Stuffed Pablano Chile, Wrapped in Bacon Marinated in Achiote, Cayenne, Cumin, Garlic and Lime Corn Meal-n-Green Chile, Buttermilk Waffles Arroz Mexicana aka Mexican Rice Grilled Mango with Honey Cinnamon Glaze. Sweet-n-Spicy Mango Salsa
10. Just a four piece chicken dinner, smoked then grilled to set the sauce, with baked beans and mixed greens!
11.Hatch Chile Jiggle Chicken
Whole chicken deboned and cured. Stuffed with fresh roasted hatch chiles and netted. Seasoned with mango habanero seasoning and smoked. Some summer salads and a tasty beverage.
12. Chicken rubbed inside, out and under the skin with SSPOG and dried herbs from the garden. Spun on the Weber Summit with hickory chips in the smoker box. Caprese with garden fresh tomatoes on the side with local artisan bread.