I used Bearcarver's step by step for this my first attempt.
For those I thank you, Bear, you are a master of all things smokey.
I did this a couple of months ago, but haven't written it up because
I have a love hate relationship with these danged computers.
First I cut a pork loin into two pieces, weighed each piece and measured
out the correct amount of TQ and spices for each.
I measured and decided they had to cure for about nine days.
Well unfortunately I had to work so they stayed in the fridge for a couple of extra days.
This was the liquid from each piece after curing
Took it and soaked in cold water for a while.
Sliced off a bit to see how the cure went, it looked great.
Fry test, tasted great.
Into the smoker, put 'em in for I think about two hours on low heat
Lit the AMNPS and got it going.
Let 'em smoke, I started low and kept raising the temperature
according to Mr. Bear's instructions.
Tough to see, but nice smoke.
Got it to the proper temp and pulled it.
Sliced and vac packed
It was and is delicious.
Sorry about the lack of details.
But I just dreaded actually posting this and a lot them details
have kinda left my head after a couple of months.
Have I mentioned lately that I sometimes don't get along with
I went to a one room school, so I think I'm doing OK, but sometimes
I really don't like this stuff.
Windows ten has really messed up my computing skills.
Anyway thanks for looking.
I also want to thank everyone here for all the great teaching that you do.