Just purchased a Masterbuilt 40" smoker from academy day before yesterday. So far I am unimpressed.
Background: I was a stick smoker, then moved to a pellet grill, loved it until it died and I couldn't find any parts, now on to the electric.
Issues I'm having:
1) smoke is not really generating. I can smell it occasionally but not much is escaping from draft vent. I smell more food than smoke
2) as I add wood chips they do not burn down. I had added chips and after an hour they had not burned down. I know I am not overloading the burn tray. IM making sure to check inside the tray before I add.
3) the only way I can create smoke in a rolling sense is to crank the heat up about 10 degrees higher than my desired temp then back it back down. I do not like that much fluctuation with my temps. its hard on the meats
4) a lot of condensation on the inside of the door.
5) no clear instructions on exactly when to add chips. When they are black? When they are all gone?
Any insight I could get would be great. I did season like the instructions said except I did it about 30 minutes long just to be safe.
Oh yeah, one more thing. Disappointed in masterbuilts customer service hours. Smoking meats is a weekend thing. Who cooks between 8-5 m-f. Most people cook on the weekend. At least I do.
Thanks in advance