I have been looking around site for a few months, trying to get an idea of what kind of smoker I wanted to buy. While cleaning out a rental property, a family member found and gave this smoker to me. They said I could get rid of it if it was not functional.
A charcoal smoker was not the type of smoker that I was going to buy, but for free (I assume that I will have to get a few parts) I figured that it was worth a shot.
As you can see from the picture below, its pretty old and used. I tried searching "Coleman Charcoal Smoker Grill" and did not see many results or pictures this this one. What I do know...
- Coleman Charcoal Smoker Grill, 14 inch
Are there other smokers like this that are more current that I can search to get information on how I should use this? I just started browsing charcoal smokers. So anything I ask about is just from these quick searches. Sorry, if I am way off.
- Are there any parts that I am missing? I do not see a water pan, can I buy those online?
- Not sure what the silver bowl or cast iron pan is for.
- There is only that one vent on the bottom. Is that enough?
- Would I just place the charcoal on that bottom grate? Or do I need a ring or bowl?
- That thermometer looks pretty vague...low, ideal, high. Should I get a new one?
- Would I need to clean the inside at all?
- Is this smoker going to be worth my time, or should I forget it?
Thanks for all your time and patience. Any advice you have about this smoker or where I should start reading up would be great.
Take care, Scott