or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Dbl Smoked Ham Bone on the WSM 1st smoke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dbl Smoked Ham Bone on the WSM 1st smoke

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Monday was a great day,finally able the get the WSM out for seasoning.So we had Ham out of the freezer and I new yesterday was going to be rainy and cold,good soup day.I have 3 different size charcoal rings, decided to use the smallest with very little charcoal,1 layer it gave a 200* temp for 3 hrs only adjusted the vents twice.It won't take long to get use to this.Not much to see but here we go

Ham bone

Dbl Smoked 

Did some one say Pea Soup

Thanks for looking

Richie

post #2 of 18

Looks delicious Richie!!

 

We love pea soup.

 

Going to be cold here the next few days, might be soup day here too!

 

Al

post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 

Al thanks I know my neighbor loved having a nice hot bowl of soup. I even brought them a nice hunk of bread Thanks for the point appreciate it

Richie

post #4 of 18

Looks Great Richie!!:drool-------------:points:

 

Love me some soup!!Thumbs Up

 

Reminds me of a German Poem my Mom used recite to me when I was a Kid & didn't want to eat my Soup!! :eek:

 

Bear

post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

Looks Great Richie!!:drool-------------:points:

 

Love me some soup!!Thumbs Up

 

Reminds me of a German Poem my Mom used recite to me when I was a Kid & didn't want to eat my Soup!! :eek:

 

Bear

John Thanks it is a hearty meal,loaded with flavor.Wife wants a Dbl. Smoked Ham now,I know you have a few post on them Thanks for the point I appreciate it.

Richie

post #6 of 18

I love Pea Soup, and that ham bone will really kick it up  Nice Job Richie  

 

I will have to give you a point later It says I am over my limit :devil: :police2:              points1.png

 

 

Gary

post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

I love Pea Soup, and that ham bone will really kick it up  Nice Job Richie  

 

I will have to give you a point later It says I am over my limit :devil: :police2:              points1.png

 

 

Gary

next time I do another Ham the beans you made sound like a good idea.Thanks for the point I spent mine a few times,I appreciate it

Richie

post #8 of 18

Mon Oh Man, that looks absolutely delicious!

post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whistech View Post
 

Mon Oh Man, that looks absolutely delicious!

Thank you it is tasty having the last for dinner tonight

Richie

post #10 of 18
Looks great Richie! Nice first smoke.

POINTS!
post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Looks great Richie! Nice first smoke.

POINTS!

Case Thanks I used the weber cubes just to see how it would burn.I had the charcoal basket for the small smoky joe,a layer of coal and it went over 4 hrs. this is going to be used a lot.Next time out will try the side light.Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

post #12 of 18
I could go for a bowl,or two of that soup! Nice job Richie! icon14.gif
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

I could go for a bowl,or two of that soup! Nice job Richie! icon14.gif

Damn b we just ate the last 2 bowls sorry Thanks for the nice words I appreciate them

Richie

post #14 of 18

Richie

 

Great looking Ham and Soup  :points:

 

Looks like you need a bigger ham next time.

 

Larry

post #15 of 18

Richie, ya'll sure leave a lot of meat on the bones....

post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoalpha View Post
 

Richie

 

Great looking Ham and Soup  :points:

 

Looks like you need a bigger ham next time.

 

Larry

Larry Thanks I love Pea Soup as long as its not pasty.

Richie

post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

Richie, ya'll sure leave a lot of meat on the bones....

Kevin that my friend is a designer bone more meaty flavor,and more meat in the soup Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

Kevin that my friend is a designer bone more meaty flavor,and more meat in the soup Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

 

We need to get you making andouille! <Chuckles>

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Dbl Smoked Ham Bone on the WSM 1st smoke