or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sausage Time!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
I treated myself for Christmas and bought myself a New Mincer and Sausage Stuffer.

This is the first time since then that I have been able to play!

Thanks to Reinhard for his thread on Hot Links, http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/232748/made-some-willies-texas-style-hot-links

5 pounds pork butt
12 oz of good beer
2 T black pepper
2 T crushed red pepper
2 T cayenne
2 T papricka
3 T kosher salt
2 T mustard seeds
1/4 cup diced garlic
1 tsp cure #1
1 cup dry'd powdered milk [I added this to retain moisture

Minced the Pork,


Mixed in Dry Ingridients and Spitfire Beer,


I let this sit overnight in the fridge to enhance the flavours.

Quick taster!


Can agree these are Hot Links!!!
Then did a second mince straight into the Natural Casing,



Forgot the the finished picture only have this when linked and Vac Packed,



Time for a spot of lunch, a plate of Hot Chicken Wings,



Then I did some Bratwurst, sorry it was a bought mix,







These tasted just like the Bratwurst I had in Germany when I was a teenager!
post #2 of 19

SM Nice job on the sausage links look great.

Richie

post #3 of 19

Looks good.

 

You didn't smoke the hot links?

 

I am gonna have to try this recipe.

post #4 of 19

Great looking sausages Steve. Thumbs Up I don't suppose there will be any left for the Summer meet :biggrin:

post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

SM Nice job on the sausage links look great.
Richie
Thanks Richie
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Looks good.

You didn't smoke the hot links?

I am gonna have to try this recipe.

Will Smoke them when ready to eat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Great looking sausages Steve. icon14.gif  I don't suppose there will be any left for the Summer meet biggrin.gif

Will be making some more for the UK Meet.
post #6 of 19

I am jealous of your work, it looks excellent!

post #7 of 19

It is beginners luck - Steve is actually Vegan and that was all quorn. He is a master with Photoshop :biggrin:

post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Monkey View Post

I treated myself for Christmas and bought myself a New Mincer and Sausage Stuffer.

This is the first time since then that I have been able to play!

Thanks to Reinhard for his thread on Hot Links, http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/232748/made-some-willies-texas-style-hot-links

5 pounds pork butt
12 oz of good beer
2 T black pepper
2 T crushed red pepper
2 T cayenne
2 T papricka
3 T kosher salt
2 T mustard seeds
1/4 cup diced garlic
1 tsp cure #1
1 cup dry'd powdered milk [I added this to retain moisture

Minced the Pork,


Mixed in Dry Ingridients and Spitfire Beer,


I let this sit overnight in the fridge to enhance the flavours.

Quick taster!


Can agree these are Hot Links!!!
Then did a second mince straight into the Natural Casing,



Forgot the the finished picture only have this when linked and Vac Packed,



Time for a spot of lunch, a plate of Hot Chicken Wings,



Then I did some Bratwurst, sorry it was a bought mix,







These tasted just like the Bratwurst I had in Germany when I was a teenager!

Hi What Bratwurst mix did you used..I'm trying to get a Bratwurst tatse like I had when I stationed in Kaiserslautern Germany..I use to walk into town had then for lunch almost every day.

Tried a few of the already mixes didn't come close, even tried some recipes from scratch.

I haven't tried Leggs brand of mix yet.

Thanks Dan

post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

It is beginners luck - Steve is actually Vegan and that was all quorn. He is a master with Photoshop biggrin.gif
👍🍏🍐🍇🍉🍅🍆
post #10 of 19

That's some good lookin sausages. Great job!

post #11 of 19

Awesome looking sausage!!

 

Great job!!

 

Al

post #12 of 19

Hi What Bratwurst mix did you used..I'm trying to get a Bratwurst tatse like I had when I stationed in Kaiserslautern Germany..I use to walk into town had Bratwurst for lunch almost every day.

Tried a few of the already mixes didn't come close, even tried some recipes from scratch.

I haven't tried Leggs brand of mix yet.

Thanks Dan

post #13 of 19

Now Im hungry.  NICELY DONE.

post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBono View Post

Hi What Bratwurst mix did you used..I'm trying to get a Bratwurst tatse like I had when I stationed in Kaiserslautern Germany..I use to walk into town had Bratwurst for lunch almost every day.
Tried a few of the already mixes didn't come close, even tried some recipes from scratch.
I haven't tried Leggs brand of mix yet.
Thanks Dan

Hi Dan, its a ready made mix purchased here in the UK from Tongmaster
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

That's some good lookin sausages. Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Awesome looking sausage!!

Great job!!

Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummel View Post

Now Im hungry.  NICELY DONE.

Thanks for the encouragement 👍
post #16 of 19

:33:  Is freight high from UK to USA?

post #17 of 19

Great looking links!    You are hooked now.

post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Monkey View Post


Hi Dan, its a ready made mix purchased here in the UK from Tongmaster

Bummer.

post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBono View Post

Bummer.
Will have a look at it to see what ingredients are in it a if there is a % so I can work it out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage