or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Nose to Tail › Pork Back Bones Smoked
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pork Back Bones Smoked

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Picked up 2 Loins to make a Crown Roast for T-Day 

Used the trimmings for ground meat,kept some meat on the bones

Smoked in the Mini at 225 to 240 for 3 hrs finished in the oven

at 225* for 2 more hrs.

The thinner strips are super tasty 

The larger piece of meat was more like a roast I loved it.

Thanks for looking 

Richie

post #2 of 15

Looks Awesome, Richie!!Thumbs Up

 

I could easily handle a Plate or two just like yours!!:drool

 

Nice Job!!:drool-----------------:points:

 

 

Bear

post #3 of 15

Richie, Another excellent meal sir ! :points:

post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 

Bear Thanks no waste around here. Their is actually a lot of meat on them bones.Will be eating left overs for a few days.Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoon View Post
 

Richie, Another excellent meal sir ! :points:

CM Thanks as I told Bear it is good,I have not had a part of the pig I could not use.Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

post #6 of 15
Looks great! Way to get some prep done early!
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-one View Post

Looks great! Way to get some prep done early!

Still have a few small pieces so,going to make some Pea Soup with extra smoky flavor. Thanks

Richie

post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

Still have a few small pieces so,going to make some Pea Soup with extra smoky flavor. Thanks

Richie

Nothing wrong with a good smokey pea soup! The smoke flavor would have been good in my lentil stew I posted in the Dutch Oven forum. If only the wife would eat pork...

post #9 of 15

Question for you.  You say that there is not a part of the pig that you don't use what do you do with the squealer? Plate looks great I do the same with neck bones.

post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

Nothing wrong with a good smokey pea soup! The smoke flavor would have been good in my lentil stew I posted in the Dutch Oven forum. If only the wife would eat pork...


Going to use Barely don't have any Peas in the cabinet.

Richie

post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfSmoked View Post
 

Question for you.  You say that there is not a part of the pig that you don't use what do you do with the squealer? Plate looks great I do the same with neck bones.

HS we don't buy that part. I did the smoked neck bones awhile back,last week or the week before we did a Lentil soup with them.

Richie

 

 http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/194377/pork-neck-bones

post #12 of 15

Terrific looking meal! Point!

 

Disco

post #13 of 15

I like that, looks mighty tasty,   Nice job :Looks-Great:

 

 

points1.png

 

Gary

post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

Terrific looking meal! Point!

 

Disco

Disco Thank and thank you for the point I appreciate it

Richie

post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

I like that, looks mighty tasty,   Nice job :Looks-Great:

 

 

points1.png

 

Gary

Gary Thank you I like the way they came out,after joining here and seeing all sorts of dishes,parts that would have been cleaned with a knife get cooked now.Thanks for the point I appreciate it.

Richie

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nose to Tail
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Nose to Tail › Pork Back Bones Smoked