or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Boudin 1st time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boudin 1st time

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

I have never tasted Boudin but decided to give it a try.Followed some of Foams post and a few others,so here it goes.

 

Onion,green onions,garlic,parsley 

Into a pot with Chicken Livers 1# 

Cooked for 1hr plus.

Drained 

Approximately 6 cups cooked rice

Approximately 1 1/2# Pulled Pork

Ground all the meat thru fine plate.

Mixed with the rice I added 1 plus cup of the reserved stock from the liver

Used my Jerky Cannon for stuffing 

A little left from the bowl and tube, fried up and wow this stuff is good tasty.

not having any of the Cajun Spices I used some Chilli Powder,S & P

Thanks for looking

Richie

post #2 of 19

looks good!

post #3 of 19

I have some casings laying around... Gave me a great idea! Nice work!

post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

looks good!


Case we only tried the fried pieces. That is tasty.

Richie

post #5 of 19

Richie, your boudin looks great sir !! :points:

post #6 of 19

Never had it,,,, Just never had rice in a sausage before, but from your pics, I would try one of them. Looks great 

 

DS

post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post
 

Never had it,,,, Just never had rice in a sausage before, but from your pics, I would try one of them. Looks great 

 

DS

DS I never heard of it,till I seen it here.The pieces we fried tasted real good.

Thanks Richie

post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrain74 View Post
 

I have some casings laying around... Gave me a great idea! Nice work!

BT with all that PP you made the other day,you should be set.

Richie

post #9 of 19
Haha I wish! That was all for the client. Im sure hes still eating PP.
post #10 of 19

Nice boudin Richie Thumbs Up.........................next time with left over meat make some boudin balls, breader the balls and fry in oil.......Yumm

 

:points:

 

Joe

post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo View Post
 

Nice boudin Richie Thumbs Up.........................next time with left over meat make some boudin balls, breader the balls and fry in oil.......Yumm

 

:points:

 

Joe


Joe thanks for the kind words,that is a good idea also.Thanks for the point.

Richie

post #12 of 19
Wow Richie, glad I didn't miss this ! Nice job man ! icon14.gif
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Wow Richie, glad I didn't miss this ! Nice job man ! icon14.gif


Justin I am happy with it,put some on the grill yesterday.Thanks for the point I appreciate it.

Richie

post #14 of 19

Hey Richie

 

I've heard about boudin for years, but never eaten it.  Looks like you did a great job on it.  Might have to try some

 

:points:

 

Gary

 

I

post #15 of 19


Richie, Thanks for sending the link to this thread.:439:

post #16 of 19
Looks good. I just made my first batch of boudin tonight. Turned out pretty good. I'm going to use some of it as stuffing next time I smoke a turkey.
post #17 of 19
What spices did you use?
post #18 of 19

Dang I somehow missed this Richie, I apologize

 

It looks really good. You sure you've not make it before? I like your approach, technique, and flavors. Its basically leftovers in a casing using the hog liver. Ita all about what you like.

 

If you have not yet, try smoking a few links and see what ya think. I really push the 4/140 rule with it cause rice turns to sugar faster than anything I ever saw. But 4 hours smoke and chill is cool!

 

Great job and glad ya like it.

post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

Dang I somehow missed this Richie, I apologize

 

It looks really good. You sure you've not make it before? I like your approach, technique, and flavors. Its basically leftovers in a casing using the hog liver. Ita all about what you like.

 

If you have not yet, try smoking a few links and see what ya think. I really push the 4/140 rule with it cause rice turns to sugar faster than anything I ever saw. But 4 hours smoke and chill is cool!

 

Great job and glad ya like it.

Foam It had to come out good,used a lot of what you posted Thanks

I did some with indirect smoke and heat for a BBQ. Thanks for the kind words and the Point,I appreciate it

Richie

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Boudin 1st time