Here is my Peach Ice Cream Recipe This stuff is great. You will want two bowls
If you want it even richer use heavy cream instead if the milk
Papa’s Peach Ice Cream
· 1 quart (32 oz.) cups half-and-half cream
· 3-1/2 cups sugar
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 6 eggs, lightly beaten
· 2 cups whole milk
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 6 to 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced or 4 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices
1. In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half to 175°; stir in the sugar and salt until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot cream mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until the mixture starts to thicken and coats the back of a metal spoon.
(Do Not Overcook)
2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and vanilla then strain. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or
3. Place peaches in a blender, cover and process until pureed. Stir into the custard. Fill cylinder of ice cream
freezer two-thirds full; or to the mfg. mark on the cylinder.
Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Edited by gary s - 7/20/15 at 7:28am