or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Side Items › Poor Mans Burnt ends
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Poor Mans Burnt ends

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

My son wanted to contribute to the 4th BBQ so I had him whip up a kid friendly side item, Poor Mans Burnt ends.

 

1 package hot fogs

1 20oz can pineapple chunks

1 bottle BBQ sauce

 

(you can add brown sugar, mustard, chile, garlic, etc)

 

Smoke in 225-250 degree smoker for 2-3 hours. Another thought I had was to take the hot dog chunks and pre-cook them a bit in a CI pan to char them up a bit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ENJOY!!!!

post #2 of 11

Oh my...... i like that idea i bet using the "Lil Smokeis sausages" would be good as well.....did those have a decient amount of smoke flavor? 

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
 

Oh my...... i like that idea i bet using the "Lil Smokeis sausages" would be good as well.....did those have a decient amount of smoke flavor? 

Thank you! Yes the one that I got to sample, had great smokey flavor. Its a good thing I tasted one right off the smoker cause I wouldn't have got any of them otherwise!

post #4 of 11
That is awesome that your son wanted to contribute... Looks like you'll have a smokin buddy for years to come ! I really enjoy when my kids help... We have fun & they learn how the TBS works ! Ya can tell in the pics Case that he really enjoys doing his part ! icon14.gif And that smoke looks great !

points1.png for him !
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

That is awesome that your son wanted to contribute... Looks like you'll have a smokin buddy for years to come ! I really enjoy when my kids help... We have fun & they learn how the TBS works ! Ya can tell in the pics Case that he really enjoys doing his part ! icon14.gif And that smoke looks great !

points1.png for him !
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

That is awesome that your son wanted to contribute... Looks like you'll have a smokin buddy for years to come ! I really enjoy when my kids help... We have fun & they learn how the TBS works ! Ya can tell in the pics Case that he really enjoys doing his part ! icon14.gif And that smoke looks great !

points1.png for him !

Thanks Justin! He's a great helper! He's always wanting to make some sort of appetizer or whatever when we have get togethers!
post #6 of 11

They look great! I like your idea of charring them first.

post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post

They look great! I like your idea of charring them first.

Thank you! Yeah I think the added carmelization would put these over the top! And my sous chef would get to learn a new skill to boot!
post #8 of 11

hey now...family fun and goodies to eat.....good job....and a fine dawg as well...Nathans....good job of keeping him off the texting...LOL......Willie

post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Willie View Post

hey now...family fun and goodies to eat.....good job....and a fine dawg as well...Nathans....good job of keeping him off the texting...LOL......Willie

Thanks Willie!
post #10 of 11
Nathan's are sooooooo good.... I really like them.... I like this method of making doggie burnt ends... Great appetizer...
post #11 of 11

This looks like a great idea Case.  I had never heard of it before but now I'm gonna have to give it a shot.

 

It's great that you have help coming along for your smoking adventures.

 

Point.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Side Items
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Side Items › Poor Mans Burnt ends