Congrats on your purchase.
To season your smoker I recommend the following.
1 - Wipe down your smoke chamber with Grapeseed oil
2 - Fire up your smoker with lump charcoal and and a few splits of your favorite wood (I use oak for seasoning)
2.5 - Let your smoker run for a few hours and then let the fire die out.
3 - Once the smoker is cooled down to the touch, wipe down the smoke chamber with oil again.
You are ready for your first smoke!
You may notice smoke leaks, note where they are, then order some smoker gasket material and some Food Service RTV (amazon) and seal it up to get your smoker to preform better.
Couple of things:
- Start with forgiving foods (pork shoulder, ribs, chicken, etc...) I highly recommend not starting with Brisket
- Move your food around in the smoke chamber as it will most likely have some hot spots (you can fix this in the future with tuning plates)
- Use lump charcoal as your heat source, add wood splits for smoke
- Keep your stack open and try to control your heat via your inlet on the fire box
- Spend some time reading on here, you will learn a lot
- Trial and error.... you will make some great things and you will make some not so great things, NEVER GIVE UP!
Good Luck and Get your Smoke on!