Good morning everyone!
Going to have people over tonight, so I decided to wake up really early to start my smoke session! The plan is to have pulled pork sandwiches on Hawaiian Sweet buns tonight. Looking forward to it.
- 5.25 LBS pork shoulder
- injected apple juice into pork shoulder
- applied yellow mustard, then sweet n smoke rub from grilled mates
- put butt back in frig last night for at least 7 hours
- Smoker - MES 30"
- 50/50 split of wood chips - hickory and apple wood
- Temp - 250 degrees
- Time: When it's done
- tried something new this time around. I added charcoal chunks mixed in with wood chips, to get that charcoal taste. I found a thread here (http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/135256/if-you-want-a-smoke-ring-with-your-mes-try-this)
so I thought i would give it a shot
Will keep everyone posted.