That's right all Hemped up! I took Rollers recipe and modified it a bit. For one I halved the recipe because I was experimenting and I didn't want to have two crummy loafs of bread if this didn't work out. I replaced the vegi oil with Hemp seed oil. I also added 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts and 1/4 cup toasted unsalted sunflower seeds. It turned out awesome, best bread I have made so far!!!! I will add more nuts next time. My wife wants me to add flax seed too.
- 1 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 cup Nutiva Organic Hemp seed oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes. Shape into loaf, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pan. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.