Smoked Dutch Oven Mac and Cheese
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Smoked Dutch Oven Macaroni and Cheese
1 lb. bacon
1 lb. elbow noodles
12 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
5 oz. shredded parmesan (Sargento)
8 oz. shredded 4 Italian cheeses (Sargento)
1 stick of butter
1 qt. milk
Salt and pepper
1. Cook, cool, and crumble bacon. Set aside.
2. Boil noodles until just done (They will be cooking more in the oven).
3. Coat Dutch oven with olive oil and line with parchment paper.
4. Build three layers: (divide ingredients) noodles, salt, pepper, butter, shredded cheese, bacon, “repeat”, ending with cheese on top.
5. Pour milk into Dutch oven.
6. Smoke uncovered at 225o for approximately 3 hours.
Yes, the DO is fairly new so I wanted to build up the seasoning a bit more before the cheese scraping fun.
A lot of opportunity to make this one your own with your favorite cheeses and smoking wood. I substituted the parmesan and 4 Italian cheese for Velveeta in the original recipe and added bacon from another recipe. I smoked with hickory for all three hours. Next time I might use a milder smoke or not use smoke the entire 3 hour bake.
Hard to go too wrong with this comfort food.