This is the last few recipes from my Triple Play Cook, I didn't even get to the Porchetta, but after this week the wife said, “no more playing with your pork, I'm getting sick of seeing and smelling your pork”. I thought this sounded like a personal problem!!!!
I have to agree with her, I'm just a bit sad that I did not get to do any of my Porchetta recipes that I wanted to try... the problem is once it's in my head I have to make it or it drives me nuts.
I have to make the recipe in order to get it out of my head, Yes its an illness and I have gone to Cookers Anonymous a few time but it don't help much.
I grilled some chicken last night and my mind started racing with Sundried Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Sage, Oregano, Bacon... I just said to myself, “Self, the wife just wants grilled chicken... nothing else”, she wanted to make Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salads... I did end up rubbing one with a Chicken rub, oh well it's still progress.
"Wonton Soup, Fried Wontons and Eggroll"
- Thawing some Chicken Stock from the freezer (Hot Wing Sous Vide Cook)
- Broccoli Slaw, Red Cabbage, Wonton Wrappers, Egg Roll Wrappers, Green Onions, Char Siu Smoked Pork.
- Step By Step for Wrapping Wontons, wrap wontons any way you are comfortable with.
- Three different Wrap methods below.
- These are to be fried
- Deep fried Wontons are done, the Wonton (Dumplings) are tossed in the hot stock... do not boil the wontons!.
- Time to start the Egg Rolls. Broccoli Slaw and Red cabbage is sweated with a cup of Stock from the Wonton Soup until it starts to wilt... not to much.... you still want the veggies somewhat crispy.
- Char Siu Pulled pork is chopped finely added and mixed thoroughly.
- Making the Eggrolls. Add some filling, wet all 4 sides of the wrap.
- Take care to press the seams firmly to keep the oil out.
- Ready for the fryer.
- Place the Eggrolls on the cooling rack lined with paper towels, remove paper towels after a few minutes and leaving the Eggrolls directly on the cooling rack.