Muffin tinned and buttered fore and aft.
Took the BGE up to 350* to get the forms to set up. Did two experimentals by default just because my pan didn't allow for 10. As it turned out, they held form together fine without the tin. Totally unnecessary step if you ask me. Took them off after 1/2 hour.
This is where things started to happen. I decided id take a temp and see where we were at. Much to my surprise the chicks were at 165* already. Oh crap, my glaze on the oven isn't even done yet. So I had to pull the plate setter because the skin didn't crisp up like I had thought. Basically, what I ended up doing is grilling chicken. I had intended to impart more of the applewood flavor by smoking for a much longer period than 45 minutes. My error was the temp. I should have 225* indirect smoked for around 3 hours. Definitely lacked the smokiness I enjoy. Interestingly, it actually turned out good.
Nice color. Nice texture. Plenty juicy and tasty enough. The glaze was great; plenty of sweet with plenty of heat. Kinda sticky actually.
Next time Id like to smoke them instead of grilling. Along with some wings while I'm at it. If I'm fussing with the BGE I want to fill the dern thing up!