or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Cold, snow and a bottom round in the mini
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cold, snow and a bottom round in the mini

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Pot roast sounded good. So into the smoker we go been super cold here the last couple days. Hit -18 last night was -13 when I got up. About 8 right now. Running the mini at 285* cherry and pecan.







Making Smokey Au Jus and roasted veggies too.
post #2 of 19

Sounds like a good stick to your ribs meal!!!! I wish I could send you some of the 80+ degree weather we are having. Does not feel like winter or even fall here.

post #3 of 19
Can't wait to see it.
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarjarchef View Post

Sounds like a good stick to your ribs meal!!!! I wish I could send you some of the 80+ degree weather we are having. Does not feel like winter or even fall here.

That'd be great! I had to thaw the intake to the hot water heater last night with my propane torch! Forgot to leave the water running a smidge. Few more days if this and then it's supposed to warm up to upper 30's for high and twenties for lows. That's a heat wave!
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Can't wait to see it.

Won't be long Adam, roast is at 102*, mini is running at 289*. Gonna pull at 135*, let rest for 45mins then slice and serve!
post #6 of 19
Damn , dirtsailor, craving for potroast or not I would have used the oven with a smoke generator or something. Minus 18? Screw that!
post #7 of 19

The bitter cold can suck if you're not prepared for it, and not too bad once you get used to it.   Look forward to the rest of the meal Case!

post #8 of 19

DS were waiting cheers.gif LOL

post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 


IGrill performed flawlessly in the single digit weather!



As did the Mini-WSM













post #10 of 19
I don't know about that????? JK



Looks great. I want to try mine pulled thou.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

I don't know about that????? JK



Looks great. I want to try mine pulled thou.

Looks good Case...    and Adam thanks for reminding me, another pulled bottom round sounds good.

post #12 of 19
I don't have bottom round. Will arm and chuck roasts work?
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

I don't have bottom round. Will arm and chuck roasts work?

I'm assuming you mean for pulling.  Yea they'll work great.

post #14 of 19

DS I am NO longer following your posts you are putting Lbs and Lbs on me,,,, I ALREADY have enough insulation!!!!!

 

 

Dang nab it man that looks great

 

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,, I may follow a couple more

post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post

I'm assuming you mean for pulling.  Yea they'll work great.

Oh you guys, out here in the West coast we don't yank on our bottoms, we slice it! If this had been a Chuckie, it'd been pulled!
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geerock View Post

Damn , dirtsailor, craving for potroast or not I would have used the oven with a smoke generator or something. Minus 18? Screw that!

That's the nice thing about the mini and using the iGrill therm, I spent less than 10 minutes outside the whole time!
post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post

DS I am NO longer following your posts you are putting Lbs and Lbs on me,,,, I ALREADY have enough insulation!!!!!


Dang nab it man that looks great

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,, I may follow a couple more

If I quit following your posts I'd lose 20 pounds!!!
post #18 of 19

Looks great, I eat it that colour all day. All this winter talk bit strange.It was 35c here today,& getting hotter each day. It was 31c right on the coast.I am sweating now & its 10 pm.

My office downtown in the backpacker hostel district .Seems to be a some sort of competition amongst the  Nordic blonde Helga types as to who can where the shortest shorts. When the pockets are longer than the shorts you have a finalist. That many of them there may have to be heats.:laugh1:

Suppose when its frozen back home you might as well make the most of our summer.

post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moikel View Post
 

Looks great, I eat it that colour all day. All this winter talk bit strange.It was 35c here today,& getting hotter each day. It was 31c right on the coast.I am sweating now & its 10 pm.

My office downtown in the backpacker hostel district .Seems to be a some sort of competition amongst the  Nordic blonde Helga types as to who can where the shortest shorts. When the pockets are longer than the shorts you have a finalist. That many of them there may have to be heats.:laugh1:

Suppose when its frozen back home you might as well make the most of our summer.


Thanks Mic! I had to take the propane torch to the intake side of the hot water heater this morning so that I could take a hot shower! Time for some heat tape and pipe insulation! put a "-" in front of that 31c and that'd be pretty darn close to last nights temp! We were at -18, which is what -27,-28c? 95f that's plain just not fair!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Cold, snow and a bottom round in the mini