or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Grilling Pork › Spare Ribs Foamheart
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spare Ribs Foamheart

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

Black Friday, football ribs.

 

I started the smoker set at 220, came in and Salt/Crackled Black Pepper/Tony's to the spare Ribs. Let the box heat for 30 mins then remembered I was going to use mesquite chips anyway. Doh!

 

I tried something different I had read somewhere for getting ribs in a small smoker. I circled it up and used a metal Skewer. Sort of looked like a crown rib. Worked great and I will probably eat more ribs now that I know it works. I just hate cutting a SMALL rack in half.

 

I used 3 2 1 method. Preferring the 2 & 1 in the oven since the ball game was on and they needed my coaching help. Sorry very few pictures because of it too.

 

 

I foiled with squeeze butter, Short Sugar's world famous NC tomato BBQ sauce, apple vinegar.

 

 

These are some happy ribs, I know they made me that way. BTW I only did 30 mins of the last hour, I just couldn't take it any more. And they were perfect! Nice pull, tender but attached.

 

 

I don't know what pig this plate belonged to, but they should be ashamed of their little piggy selves! Ribs, Smoked Mac & Cheese (that's the ones under the panko crumbs), Mom's smoked "Boy Scout" beans (she did her's in a roaster for 18 to 24 hours), and some most excellent sweet NC cole-slaw.  Some one was really a little piglet, weren't they?

 

 

Sorry 'bout the lack of Q-View, sorry bought the quality of the photos, and I apologize for whomever was the little piglet that ate this whole plate!

 

And that's it for Black Friday.

post #2 of 16

I think I would rather come to your house any day instead of shopping, Heck it wouldn't even need to be Friday a Tuesday would work for me.
It looks great, except for the beans not a bean guy,

post #3 of 16

OUTSTANDING!  Very nice ribs Foam. Those ribs are winners!

LSU ate pork butt today and you're having the ribs.  Classic. 

Hey, what kind of pepper is that on your carving board?  Looks hotter n blazes

Nice job my friend.

b

post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shtrdave View Post
 

I think I would rather come to your house any day instead of shopping, Heck it wouldn't even need to be Friday a Tuesday would work for me.
It looks great, except for the beans not a bean guy,

 

Thank you sir, but you should try the beans first, you have not had anything like 'em I assure you. Mom's secret recipe for a reason. Every BBQ or party they always asked for "Boy Scout" beans. I think she normally made 4 or 5 gallons, and we never brought any home. Of course we hated them back then....LOL

post #5 of 16
Nice looking ribs
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 

OUTSTANDING!  Very nice ribs Foam. Those ribs are winners!

LSU ate pork butt today and you're having the ribs.  Classic. 

Hey, what kind of pepper is that on your carving board?  Looks hotter n blazes

Nice job my friend.

b


 Thank you, well of course we had pork today, sheeeeesh!

 

I have 4 or 5 little cayenne plants that have been growing by the back door for 3 or 4 years, never die off, and just keep making maybe a dozen a year or less.

 

The ribs are a little dark, its because I went old school and used Mesquite today, (Actually I planned to use hickory, grabbed the wrong bag of chips and was to lazy to change).

post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamirick View Post

Nice looking ribs


Thank you sir, and I wish you luck tomorrow. I had pork for the Arkansas game, you BBQ'ing little Indians tomorrow?

post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 


 Thank you, well of course we had pork today, sheeeeesh!

 

I have 4 or 5 little cayenne plants that have been growing by the back door for 3 or 4 years, never die off, and just keep making maybe a dozen a year or less.

 

The ribs are a little dark, its because I went old school and used Mesquite today, (Actually I planned to use hickory, grabbed the wrong bag of chips and was to lazy to change).

Ah… So thats what a Baton Rouge Tabasco looks like in the wild….  You know over here its Jalapeño , Jalapeño , Jalapeño …..

post #9 of 16

Nice plate of ribs!!

 

:drool:

post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 

Thank you sir, they were tastee too!

post #11 of 16
Very nice Foam.
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 

Ah… So thats what a Baton Rouge Tabasco looks like in the wild….  You know over here its Jalapeño , Jalapeño , Jalapeño …..


Should have been here, this apricot is not quite smooth yet but.............. I wish it would cool off some in here...LOL

 

I can't do Jalapenos, something about them just make me physically ill. Its the taste not the heat and it stays with me for days... Nope, I don't do Jalapenos.

Nope nope nope....Not even those atomic buffalo do-hickies. Just means more for everyone else and I don't sit in the little smokers room and miss the whole party.

post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Very nice Foam.

 

Well thank ye C-Man. I appreciate it.

post #14 of 16

I didn't know that Louisiana was the American home of great ribs. Those look great. I am shocked that you didn't invite your Canadian friend but I will live vicariously through the pictures.

 

Disco

post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

I didn't know that Louisiana was the American home of great ribs. Those look great. I am shocked that you didn't invite your Canadian friend but I will live vicariously through the pictures.

 

Disco

 

I tried to put some in the mail..... seems there is some type of ban on Louisiana smoked spare ribs in the great northwest. Then I was going to send them cross country in a lunch box (like the St.Benard's keg), but the dang neighbors dog kept stopping he'd pick the lock and he'd eat the dang ribs! And who am I to argue with a 200lb Rottweiler. But I tried, that's my story and I am sticking to it! 

post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

 

I tried to put some in the mail..... seems there is some type of ban on Louisiana smoked spare ribs in the great northwest. Then I was going to send them cross country in a lunch box (like the St.Benard's keg), but the dang neighbors dog kept stopping he'd pick the lock and he'd eat the dang ribs! And who am I to argue with a 200lb Rottweiler. But I tried, that's my story and I am sticking to it! 

And who would question the word of a southern gentleman?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Grilling Pork › Spare Ribs Foamheart