Ok so this my first time making any kind of bacon. I'm using Bearcarvers dry rub with TQ. It's been in the bag since last Saterday. My question is when I take out of the bag for the peticle to form I would like to brush it with maple slrup (bad spelling) and put some black pepper on it. Would that work or should I have done that when I put it in the bag? I'm going to start some more this weekend. Randal's had pork butts on sale for 99 cents a pound, so I picked up three of them.
- topicBacon Makingtagged by PGSmoker64, 10/26/13
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard BaconLast edited: 3/23/15
- Bearcarvers Smoked Bacon Step By Step With QviewLast edited: 11/17/10
- Canadian Bacon Basic TechniqueLast edited: 7/2/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
My First Atempt at BBBpost #1 of 1010/25/13 at 7:26pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1010/26/13 at 12:41ampost #3 of 1010/26/13 at 7:36am
Are you hot or cold smoking your BBB? The pepper will stick good before your pellicle starts to form so it works with hot or cold method. The syrup works good when you start to get some color while hot smoking and drizzle a little on kind of like mopping ribs just brush a thin layer on. Also it will burn easy when you put it in the pan but since it is already cooked you really only need to warm it through. I never have added syrup when cold smoking so I don't know when the best time to add it.post #4 of 1010/26/13 at 6:11pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1010/26/13 at 6:15pmpost #6 of 1010/29/13 at 8:38amThread Starterpost #7 of 1011/6/13 at 10:06amThread Starterpost #8 of 1011/6/13 at 10:11ampost #9 of 1011/6/13 at 10:30amThread Starter
I haven't tried it yet. I smoked it with apple for about eight hours. It smell like a lot of smoke. I hope it will mellow some. Going to give it a try this weekend. I need to see if my wife knows where that cable is. It looks great and smells like bacon.post #10 of 1011/9/13 at 10:05amThread Starter
We still can't find the cable for the camera. We did try the bacon this morning. My wife thinks it is too smoky. We both thought it was a little too sweet. We will be smoking some more latter. This time I will do less smoke and increase the salt some to try and balance out the sweetness. We added some garlic and black pepper while the pelicle was forming. Neither of us could taste those in the finished product. Will have to play around with it some. I gave a package to a guy at work. I'll find out on Monday what he thought about it. Have to either figure out where we put the cable or go buy another one. Overall I would say it was a sucess. Not quite what we were looking for, but not a failure either. Thanks for all the great information on this site. You all are good at what you do. We are still learning, more and more the more I read.
- My First Atempt at BBB
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard Bacon
- › Vacuum Sealer Bags & Supplies - Discount Coupon 1 minute ago
- › no pots hack? 16 minutes ago
- › Trying Umai Soppressata 17 minutes ago
- › 1st time smoker - temp problems with my Brinkman Smoke N Grill 17 minutes ago
- › Very Particular Pulled Pork Not Pulling Question 18 minutes ago
- › Get together in Pa **** date has been set. Oct 6-8 ****** 23 minutes ago
- › First timer, when is it ready? 42 minutes ago
- › How much and what else? 52 minutes ago
- › Pid ssr wiring help 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Spare rib practice. - Post em if you got em 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ