or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › My new Jumbo Mini's (Jimmy) first real smoke... Mushroom and Swiss burgers with lot's Q Views!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My new Jumbo Mini's (Jimmy) first real smoke... Mushroom and Swiss burgers with lot's Q Views!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

 

Just fired her up and haning in the 200's

Smoked up and ready for some sear.

 

The Jumbo has a vent on the bottom so i put a handle on it and opened it up to fire up the basket.  Calling it the sear mode :)

Onions under some melted Swiss cheese!

\

Finished the sauce on the stove after it got some smoke

 

Mushroom and Swiss on my new smoker i built from a Jumbo Joe...call it a Jimmy.   It's a process and some juggling involved but well worth it in the end! ))


Edited by FWIsmoker - 10/12/13 at 8:22pm
post #2 of 17

Very nice.

 

Awesome food.

post #3 of 17

I am at a loss for words. So i will use some pics:drool::Looks-Great:

post #4 of 17

Man, that looks awesome!

 

Nicely done!

 

Bill

post #5 of 17
yum yum... damn they look good.... have a link to the build ?
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post
 

Very nice.

 

Awesome food.

Thanks Adam, i'm sure i'd like some of those monster ribs you got going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcho View Post
 

I am at a loss for words. So i will use some pics:drool::Looks-Great:

Thanks my friend it was that good..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSmoker64 View Post
 

Man, that looks awesome!

 

Nicely done!

 

Bill

Appreciate it Bill, Happy Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JckDanls 07 View Post

yum yum... damn they look good.... have a link to the build ?

Keith i don't have one for the full build but i'd be happy to.   It's a phenominal smoker and solid as all get out...total cost was under 200 compared to a WSM 18 inch and it's better built and can do more.   I'll let you know when i do a thread on it.   Keith

post #7 of 17
Im speachless. .. and thats rare. (Lol... sorry. ) kidding. . I Love the sear mode...
Only time I gonna say this to ya kieth... but Thats a nice jimmmy you have there!

NICE burgers too..!
post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by webowabo View Post

Im speachless. .. and thats rare. (Lol... sorry. ) kidding. . I Love the sear mode...
Only time I gonna say this to ya kieth... but Thats a nice jimmmy you have there!

NICE burgers too..!

Thanks Mikey I've gotten lots of compliments of my Jimmy so far! :biggrin:   Her name is Jaime and i hope to have many good cooks on her!       I have to remember to give my mini some love from time to time... Know what i mean

post #9 of 17
I'll never understand why people have to ruin a perfectly good burger by covering it in fungus, other than that, looks gear Keith! Jamie ought to keep you happy for years!
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post

Keith i don't have one for the full build but i'd be happy to.   It's a phenominal smoker and solid as all get out...total cost was under 200 compared to a WSM 18 inch and it's better built and can do more.   I'll let you know when i do a thread on it.   Keith

I too , would love to see the details of the "jimmy" build. Looks like a neat little rig. grilling_smilie.gif
post #11 of 17
drool.gif
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone1950 View Post


I too , would love to see the details of the "jimmy" build. Looks like a neat little rig. grilling_smilie.gif

Ok tell you what i'll do... Later this week or next weekend  i'm making a slight improvement to it and when i'm done i'll post the build thread. 

post #13 of 17

Looks like you are getting quite a arsenal of cookers.  Can one have too many?  th_dunno-1[1].gif

 

Tom

post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post
 

Looks like you are getting quite a arsenal of cookers.  Can one have too many?  th_dunno-1[1].gif

 

Tom

Tom when i hear people say should i get this size grill or that size grill i just shake my head...th_dunno-1[1].gif   Why handcuff yourself ya know?       Cook your chicken @ 350 in one and do your steaks or roasts @ 225- 275 in another. .Cook your small meals in the small one and your big meals in the big one.   It's nice having flexibility and not waste fuel with smaller cooks in big smokers. 

post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post
 

Tom when i hear people say should i get this size grill or that size grill i just shake my head...th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif   Why handcuff yourself ya know?       Cook your chicken @ 350 in one and do your steaks or roasts @ 225- 275 in another. .Cook your small meals in the small one and your big meals in the big one.   It's nice having flexibility and not waste fuel with smaller cooks in big smokers.

 

You well know I agree with you and to go along with it.  I like the flexibility of being able to use different colors and density's of smoke for different products.

 

Later,

 

Tom

post #16 of 17

Keith

Nice looking smoker. I have to agree on the right size tool for the job.

I sure do like mushroom and swiss. Smoked swiss makes it even better.

Happy smoken.

David

post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post

Ok tell you what i'll do... Later this week or next weekend  i'm making a slight improvement to it and when i'm done i'll post the build thread. 

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › My new Jumbo Mini's (Jimmy) first real smoke... Mushroom and Swiss burgers with lot's Q Views!