So....is it ok to smoke ribs under 200 degrees? Does the end result just mean that you have to cook them longer to get the same results or does the higher temps have an actual purpose? The only reason I ask is.....this cheap ECB is annoying to babysit and keep above 220. It likes to float aroun 180-200 for the most part.
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
Bought this at Menards after returning a Traeger Texan to Costco. The Pitt Boss is a little smaller, has the broiler feature, has a upper cooking rack, has a shelf under the cook chamber is $400...
Unless you are cooking for 1 or 2, don't get this as your main grill/smoker. On the other hand, if you already have a larger grill/smoker that you use for big cooks and want something to use for...
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
BB temp questionpost #1 of 49/21/13 at 2:19pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 49/21/13 at 3:52pm
I use the 2-2-1 method for my baby backs at 235 and they turn out great. If you smoked them at 200 you should not have any food safety issues but of course it will take longer.post #3 of 49/21/13 at 5:01pmpost #4 of 49/21/13 at 6:01pmThread Starter
No, I added a gas grill thermometer and put it up top close to the handle. It cooks hotter without water in the pan but if there is no water then the grease just drips down and burns in the pan. Tonight was disappointing. Ribs were too smokey (using hickory for fuel to add temps) and the fat was still present which means they were pretty under done even tho the internal temp made it to 170.
- BB temp question
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Hello from Southwest Mo!!! 55 seconds ago
- › Time and temp 1 minute ago
- › Sous Vide Top Round (Tender Test) 9 minutes ago
- › Butcher Paper 13 minutes ago
- › Lonzino on my mind 13 minutes ago
- › SQWIBS Urban Garden Adventure 2017 14 minutes ago
- › Please review my smoker design. 20 minutes ago
- › South Florida Spring Gathering - Apr. 28-30 ("IT'S ON") 21 minutes ago
- › Greetings from upstate NY 23 minutes ago
- › WSM Gourmet Pizza - Because I don't know what else to call it 25 minutes ago
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by tbdomenz
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › "Uncured" hot dogs, bacons
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients