So....is it ok to smoke ribs under 200 degrees? Does the end result just mean that you have to cook them longer to get the same results or does the higher temps have an actual purpose? The only reason I ask is.....this cheap ECB is annoying to babysit and keep above 220. It likes to float aroun 180-200 for the most part.
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
BB temp questionpost #1 of 49/21/13 at 2:19pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 49/21/13 at 3:52pm
I use the 2-2-1 method for my baby backs at 235 and they turn out great. If you smoked them at 200 you should not have any food safety issues but of course it will take longer.post #3 of 49/21/13 at 5:01pmpost #4 of 49/21/13 at 6:01pmThread Starter
No, I added a gas grill thermometer and put it up top close to the handle. It cooks hotter without water in the pan but if there is no water then the grease just drips down and burns in the pan. Tonight was disappointing. Ribs were too smokey (using hickory for fuel to add temps) and the fat was still present which means they were pretty under done even tho the internal temp made it to 170.
- BB temp question
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › A few CSR's for the game.. 2 minutes ago
- › Pork butt hot and fast 6 minutes ago
- › Maryland group forming come join us 12 minutes ago
- › August 2017 Throwdown - YardBird!!! 20 minutes ago
- › New to forum 59 minutes ago
- › New smoker. 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › First Brisket 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › I've Been Challenged ... 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Bourbon-soaked chips? Non-oak? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › How easily should pellets burn in AMNPS? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ