So....is it ok to smoke ribs under 200 degrees? Does the end result just mean that you have to cook them longer to get the same results or does the higher temps have an actual purpose? The only reason I ask is.....this cheap ECB is annoying to babysit and keep above 220. It likes to float aroun 180-200 for the most part.
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
BB temp questionpost #1 of 49/21/13 at 2:19pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 49/21/13 at 3:52pm
I use the 2-2-1 method for my baby backs at 235 and they turn out great. If you smoked them at 200 you should not have any food safety issues but of course it will take longer.post #3 of 49/21/13 at 5:01pmpost #4 of 49/21/13 at 6:01pmThread Starter
No, I added a gas grill thermometer and put it up top close to the handle. It cooks hotter without water in the pan but if there is no water then the grease just drips down and burns in the pan. Tonight was disappointing. Ribs were too smokey (using hickory for fuel to add temps) and the fat was still present which means they were pretty under done even tho the internal temp made it to 170.
- BB temp question
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Louisiana Grills Champion 3 minutes ago
- › Original recipe needed 3 minutes ago
- › Hi. I'm a newbie. I watched some youtube videos about turning my... 8 minutes ago
- › Yes I still cook! 8 minutes ago
- › Quick Newbie Question about the Crutch 17 minutes ago
- › Do you use foil under fish during smoking? 30 minutes ago
- › (2) 500 gal propane tank smoker build. Franklin style. 35 minutes ago
- › pastrami and short ribs 40 minutes ago
- › Got a hard one from my fil for Memorial Day. 42 minutes ago
- › Uuni-3 Pizza Oven review 43 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...