So....is it ok to smoke ribs under 200 degrees? Does the end result just mean that you have to cook them longer to get the same results or does the higher temps have an actual purpose? The only reason I ask is.....this cheap ECB is annoying to babysit and keep above 220. It likes to float aroun 180-200 for the most part.
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in Meat Selection and Processing
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
BB temp questionpost #1 of 49/21/13 at 2:19pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 49/21/13 at 3:52pm
I use the 2-2-1 method for my baby backs at 235 and they turn out great. If you smoked them at 200 you should not have any food safety issues but of course it will take longer.post #3 of 49/21/13 at 5:01pmpost #4 of 49/21/13 at 6:01pmThread Starter
No, I added a gas grill thermometer and put it up top close to the handle. It cooks hotter without water in the pan but if there is no water then the grease just drips down and burns in the pan. Tonight was disappointing. Ribs were too smokey (using hickory for fuel to add temps) and the fat was still present which means they were pretty under done even tho the internal temp made it to 170.
- BB temp question
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Red oak 8 minutes ago
- › Dowels for hanging sausage in a smoke house. 22 minutes ago
- › Roll Call 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Food Proofer Conversion is happeneing 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Sausage Stuffer ?? 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › LEM stuffer exploded!! 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Pheasant for Christmas? 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › 12 racks of goodness 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Cold smoking season debut 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › My gravity feed build 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma