So....is it ok to smoke ribs under 200 degrees? Does the end result just mean that you have to cook them longer to get the same results or does the higher temps have an actual purpose? The only reason I ask is.....this cheap ECB is annoying to babysit and keep above 220. It likes to float aroun 180-200 for the most part.
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I've had my Daniel Boone for 3 years or so. Smoked countless briskets, pork butts, turkey, tri tip, prime ribs, summer sausage, pepperoni, brats, jerky, fish....the list goes on and on. Always has...
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
BB temp questionpost #1 of 49/21/13 at 2:19pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 49/21/13 at 3:52pm
I use the 2-2-1 method for my baby backs at 235 and they turn out great. If you smoked them at 200 you should not have any food safety issues but of course it will take longer.post #3 of 49/21/13 at 5:01pmpost #4 of 49/21/13 at 6:01pmThread Starter
No, I added a gas grill thermometer and put it up top close to the handle. It cooks hotter without water in the pan but if there is no water then the grease just drips down and burns in the pan. Tonight was disappointing. Ribs were too smokey (using hickory for fuel to add temps) and the fat was still present which means they were pretty under done even tho the internal temp made it to 170.
- BB temp question
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Pork butt timing and how to hold till serving 50 minutes ago
- › UMAi Cacciatore 53 minutes ago
- › New guy from PA. Need some advice 1 hour ago
- › What's your occupation? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Just ordered Anova SV 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › It is raining in California 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › What does it mean when a thread is Locked ? 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Smoked Margarita Lime Chicken Galantine !!! 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Winter is coming tonight 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › New Member Looking For Soft Tender Beef Jerky Recipe 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot