So....is it ok to smoke ribs under 200 degrees? Does the end result just mean that you have to cook them longer to get the same results or does the higher temps have an actual purpose? The only reason I ask is.....this cheap ECB is annoying to babysit and keep above 220. It likes to float aroun 180-200 for the most part.
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
If you want a serious thermometer, this is for you. It comes with 2 meat probes & one air probe, also included is a USB charger. It also has an auxiliary plug that I don't know what it is for, but...
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
BB temp questionpost #1 of 49/21/13 at 2:19pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 49/21/13 at 3:52pm
I use the 2-2-1 method for my baby backs at 235 and they turn out great. If you smoked them at 200 you should not have any food safety issues but of course it will take longer.post #3 of 49/21/13 at 5:01pmpost #4 of 49/21/13 at 6:01pmThread Starter
No, I added a gas grill thermometer and put it up top close to the handle. It cooks hotter without water in the pan but if there is no water then the grease just drips down and burns in the pan. Tonight was disappointing. Ribs were too smokey (using hickory for fuel to add temps) and the fat was still present which means they were pretty under done even tho the internal temp made it to 170.
- BB temp question
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Bacon wrapped venison backstrap 5 minutes ago
- › Cold smoked salmon during the chilly weather 6 minutes ago
- › New smoker - looking for advice. 7 minutes ago
- › Bone in Butt end over end spinning 14 minutes ago
- › Sausage Break 22 minutes ago
- › 10lbs of Pepperoni Sticks 24 minutes ago
- › Summer sausage seasoning 26 minutes ago
- › New Stant99 27 minutes ago
- › Nooob 27 minutes ago
- › BBQ, low carb and loving it 28 minutes ago
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine