So....is it ok to smoke ribs under 200 degrees? Does the end result just mean that you have to cook them longer to get the same results or does the higher temps have an actual purpose? The only reason I ask is.....this cheap ECB is annoying to babysit and keep above 220. It likes to float aroun 180-200 for the most part.
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
BB temp questionpost #1 of 49/21/13 at 2:19pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 49/21/13 at 3:52pm
I use the 2-2-1 method for my baby backs at 235 and they turn out great. If you smoked them at 200 you should not have any food safety issues but of course it will take longer.post #3 of 49/21/13 at 5:01pmpost #4 of 49/21/13 at 6:01pmThread Starter
No, I added a gas grill thermometer and put it up top close to the handle. It cooks hotter without water in the pan but if there is no water then the grease just drips down and burns in the pan. Tonight was disappointing. Ribs were too smokey (using hickory for fuel to add temps) and the fat was still present which means they were pretty under done even tho the internal temp made it to 170.
- BB temp question
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › First butts on modified el cheapo...pics and Q view 3 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt Review 4 minutes ago
- › Cutting Loin Ribs 25 minutes ago
- › Mrs Bear's Surgery 25 minutes ago
- › Dry brining? 39 minutes ago
- › UDS build 48 minutes ago
- › Novice smoker looking at other ideas 56 minutes ago
- › 3 whole Chickens at once to much? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › New here 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Spare rib practice. - Post em if you got em 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ